Who are we?
We make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Work with us and shape the future of cloud and enterprise connectivity at one of the Fastest Growing Technology Companies in America (Forbes 2014). If you want to play a part in building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
Business context for position:
Equinix is seeking a talented, customer-inspired and customer-focused Vice President for the Global Operations Support Team to ensure a consistent, worry-free experience to customers in the fulfillment and delivery of customer orders for colocation services at nearly 200 IBX datacenters across the globe.
The Global Operations Support Team is responsible for the development, maintenance and improvement of scalable foundational elements of success – global policies, processes, procedures and tools – used by the IBX datacenter teams and the regional operations support teams to fulfill customers’ orders.
The Team also tracks performance, identifies improvement opportunities, and evaluates and implements improvements. The team also provides expertise and support to the teams serving the needs of our largest customers.
The VP, Global Operations Support advocates for solutions that improve/maintain our core operating strengths valued by the market – IBX security, maintaining scalable delivery capability, and helping customers connect with whomever they want.
The VP engages with customers and global Equinix leadership to maintain awareness of challenges faced by customers and provides thought leadership on removing these challenges to ensure customers’ orders for colocation services are fulfilled on time without issue.
Reporting directly to the Chief Global Operations Officer (CGOO), this position is located in Sunnyvale, CA, or potentially in another office location where Equinix has a large presence.
Organization & Team Leadership
- Collaborate with executive management and the CGOO to design and develop a best in class global operations support organization and team.
- Provide recommendations to executive staff on best practices in global operations support organizations.
- Provide leadership to global ops support resources within the direct team and across matrixed business relationships.
- Develop and manage department budget and prioritize investments in future growth and innovation to maximize business value.
- Provide executive incident response, problem resolution, and change management.
- Externally represent Equinix at industry events and as a thought leader.
- Develop, communicate and execute against consistent global ops support strategies and practices that align to our strategic and operating plans.
- Deliver on the mission to support IBX Operations with performance metrics, process improvement and documentation, customer fulfillment, presales technical support, integration of mergers and acquisitions, technical & systems training, support, and enhancements.
- Partner with direct reports to continuously improve tools, training, documentation, and guidance for new product introductions, system support, customer fulfillment, metrics reporting, RFP/contract negotiations, etc.
- Develop a systems roadmap that automates key business processes and incorporates enhancements that meet global internal and external customer needs.
- Prioritize key global business initiatives in partnership with regional partners and cross functional teams.
- Facilitate problem solving and business improvements across a global cross functional team in service to major strategic customers with a large global data base footprint.
- Focus the organization on globally consistent solutions to regional problems with understanding of local nuances.
- Establish strong relationships and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated direct experience in introducing and delivering on operations support strategies for global IBX Operations.
- 10+ years leading a related organization preferred.
- Ability to partner and influence at C-suite level.
- 4-yeardegree in related field.
- Post graduate qualification in General Management, process automation, and /or membership/leadership position in industry association with thought leadership preferred.
- Strong Financial Acumen.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.