Vice President/General Manager
Cape Girardeau, a charming riverfront city with a growing business community, good schools, thriving university, outstanding parks and outdoor opportunities, offers an excellent quality of life.
As the successful candidate of this multi-media operation, the General Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, a forward-thinking vision and driving innovation to improve station performance. The successful candidate must engage and lead a high-performing team while executing the long-term vision of the station. The position reports to a Regional Group Vice President.
- Full accountability for all aspects of the station; including sales, marketing, content and overall operation
- Drives revenue and market share growth across multiple Raycom platforms
- Designs and delivers programming in order to drive revenue growth/ratings
- Represents Raycom within the community while building positive relationships with viewers, advertisers, clients, etc.
- Maximizes profit opportunities with the core/national/new media business.
- Develops short, intermediate, and long-term market strategies
- Provides accurate forecasting to develop and manage the annual budgets
- Identifies and delivers opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution
- Builds a great station culture
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully performing in a senior broadcast media management position (GM experiencepreferred)
- A proven track record of achieving financial/strategic objectives
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast or related field preferred
- Demonstrated active leadership, communication, and staff development/retention/advancement
- A history of successful leadership, positive station culture, and innovation. Are you up for the challenge? If so, Raycom is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits programs.