Parenting is demanding, and that’s where we come in. We want to reimagine how brands can make it easier for early stage parents – not by just selling them products, but by providing holistic solutions that transcend borders, categories and aisles.
No matter our title or department, at Kids II, our job is to create more tiny wins for parents, so they can create bright futures for their little ones. That’s a big task!
We’re serious about what we do, AND we love to have fun. Our team is hardworking, entrepreneurial, and passionate about helping families create millions, if not billions of tiny wins.
The Vice President / General Manager, Home is responsible for delivering top and bottom line business goals and results by developing and leading the category leadership team, the strategic roadmap for the home business unit and to ensure go-to-market executional excellence for all category programs on a global scale. The VP/GM works with executive and functional leaders to deliver the vision and strategy for the business unit the will help focus the brand strategies, plans, and net margin contribution in each category program. The VP/GM ensures global relevancy and speed to market that drives required growth.
He/she will have global product line strategy responsibilities and net margin contribution accountability for the Home business, managing overall unit strategy for all Home categories to ensure alignment to the company’s financial goals.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop long-range strategic plans for assigned multiple categories, including growth strategies (both organic and inorganic) and product line plan, and present to management.
- Lead category, program and analytics team to deliver the Kids II product category strategy and net margin contribution, including driving the annual and quarterly planning processes and ensuring flawless execution of the plan
- Ensure direct interaction of the product team with customers, partners, Insights, Sales and Customer Care to deeply understand customer needs and uses the feedback to drive customer satisfaction.
- Deliver business results for assigned categories, monitor performance, recommend and implement course correction actions as needed. Build KPI's for key product programs and associated measurement approaches to gauge success during the year.
- In coordination with the SVP, Industrial Design & Engineering, pitch new product development opportunities based on historical data, market trends and other applicable research.
- Lead Product Lifecycle Management of assigned categories.
- Maintain continual surveillance and evaluation of competitors' products/programs, market and industry trends. Trends such as demand drivers, product, design, technology, and pricing.
- Develop data into business recommendations and strategies.
- Co-create with the functions and present for approval the marketing requirements and business case justification for new product development scopes incorporating market dynamics, performance features, pricing, voice of customer, forecast and cross-functional team input.
- Challenge new ways of thinking and support a positive, creative, and collaborative culture and continuously improve efficiency, communication, and outcomes.
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 15+ years of category management and business leadership for experience within the consumer products industry; juvenile product development experience is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of supervisory/leadership experience
- Prior successful experience in managing P&L.
- Ability to create and articulate competitive strategies, with a natural aptitude to balance strategic intent with aesthetic sensibilities and sense of design.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing or other related field or equivalent work related experience is required. MBA strongly preferred.
- Must have strong executive presence and ability to influence at all levels within the organization
- Ability to execute and excel in high-paced organization
- Prior experience in building global relationships and a collaborative team environment
- Ability to deal with changing environments, tight timelines and multiple priorities
- Outstanding oral and presentation-based communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills that you can apply to all aspects of your work and interactions
- Strong organizational and time-management acumen; a can-do attitude.
- Strong initiative with superior analytical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills. Dedication to life-long learning and initiative to continually improve technical skill set.
- Ability to coach and develop talent
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- None required.
- Must be proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
We offer competitive pay, flexible hours, and generous benefits. Plus, to keep things fun (because we are all kids at heart), we offer a host of team member activities and philanthropic efforts throughout the year and company-wide awards and recognition for a job well done!