The Vice President Gaming Analytics is responsible for the strategic development and execution of all functions of the slots and table games analytics team. She / he will foster relationships with MGM’s leadership and is seen as a credible partner, proactively identifying focus areas to drive enterprise profit and responding to performance inquiries through root cause analysis. She / he will ensure the development of holistic, succinct executive summaries and deep dive analyses that include insights and recommendations to drive operational efficiencies and optimize financial performance.
- Develop and lead the strategy and ensure the execution of analysis that optimizes the gaming business (slot floor optimization, merchandising, table layout, pricing, etc.)
- Oversee analyses that drive insights and data driven decision. Work in close partnership with corporate and property leadership to ensure execution of identified opportunities
- Actively coach and develop the team with a keen focus on leadership development, a culture of mutual respect, solutions and execution oriented, creative problem solving and ability to positively influence change to ensure a data-driven mindset is adopted across MGM Resorts International
- Collaborate with business partners across corporate centers of excellence and properties on a project basis and ad hoc projects
- Subject matter expert in support of gaming data governance, Master Data Management & Business Intelligence work streams on divisional dimensions.
- Oversee team workload and ensures that team has necessary resources
- Provides mentorship, problem resolution, and coaching to team, and creates culture enabling development of high-performing individuals. Instill importance of develop plans and develop succession plans for future team
- Provides strategic recommendations to SVP – Analytics and business partners
- Oversees new insight demands with currently in-progress projects
- Oversees Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment
- Networks externally to seek innovation
- Other job-related duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Management, Gaming / Casino Management or related field
- 12+ years of leadership experience overseeing multiple business units in related field
- Strong leadership skills with experience in developing high-performing, engaged teams with a keen focus on leadership development, accountability and execution.
- Extensive subject area expertise (e.g., industry or function)
- Experience and a proven track record in driving organizational change
- Strategic view and proven track record of driving business performance through cross-functional insights and analytics
- Able to use influence to ensure alignment and adoption of analytics capabilities and insights
- Experience in working with all levels of management, including executives and consulting with key business stakeholders
- MBA or MS degree preferred with quantitative orientation
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting