Parthenon Capital Partners is a leading mid-market private equity firm based in Boston and San Francisco. Parthenon utilizes niche industry expertise and a deep execution team to invest in growth companies in service industries. Parthenon seeks to be an active and aligned partner to management, either through recapitalization transactions or by backing new executives. Parthenon has particular expertise in business services, financial and insurance services and healthcare, but seeks any service, technology or delivery business with a strong value proposition and proprietary know-how. Parthenon's investment team has deep experience in corporate strategy, human capital, capital markets and operations, thereby enabling the firm to pursue complex, multi-faceted value creation opportunities.
Zelis is pursuing an aggressive organic and non-organic growth strategy focused on providing superior healthcare claim lifecycle solutions to payors, providers and individuals from pre-payment through payment. As the company executes its growth strategy, Zelis is seeking to identify an exceptional Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, and working closely with the executive leadership team, the new VP will be responsible for designing and building a best-in-class enterprise FP&A function that will enable and support the company's growth and value creation objectives. This position is responsible for all financial planning activities (annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting) and providing value-added analysis and strategic support to all areas of the company. The Vice President of FP&A will be responsible assisting with day-to-day operations and works closely with the Division Finance Officers and the VP Controller to ensure the accuracy, integrity and timely reporting of the financial data for all of the company’s internal and external requirements.
The VP will be charged with:
- Leading the long-range enterprise financial planning, annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes to ensure accurate and timely projections for executive leadership, operational management and the board of directors
- Providing insightful and actionable periodic reporting on financial and operating results and key performance indicators, and on projections and leading indicators to ensure sharp organizational focus on critical value creation priorities and levers
- Conducting actionable financial analysis on critical projects and investments such as new product innovation, new market entry, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, financial and capital structure, compensation and incentive planning, etc.
- Oversight and coordination with the divisional and departmental financial planning and analysis functions
- Preparing executive and board-level financialreports and presentations
- Providing leadership, in collaboration with the information technology organization, in designing and deploying best-in-class financial planning and business intelligence processes, systems, and data to create a highly efficient, effective, and scalable FP&A function
- Accurately integrating financial planning and business intelligence processes, systems, and data with accounting and operational functions and needs
- Serving as a trusted partner to the Chief Financial Officer & VP Controller
The Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis will be a proven Finance leader with a demonstrated track record of success and at least 8-10 years of broad-based, progressive experience. The successful candidate will have managed and led FP&A functions that proactively support the growth of a company.
He/she will have a strong executive presence and be comfortable and credible interfacing within executive leadership, the board of directors, and private-equityinvestors. One must be operationally-oriented with a keen focus on process, metrics, and results. He/she will have thorough experience building and/or operating a best-in-class FP&A function. He/she will be inquisitive and innovative in his/her approach to inorganic growth, mergers and acquisitions, function enablement and support for high growth and value creation. He/she will be highly motivated, self-directed and have the ability and desire to have real impact on an organization.
Prior experience working within an entrepreneurial, high-growth, private-equity-backed company is a distinct plus. While not required, previous experience working in healthcaretechnology and services and/or financial services is preferred.
He/she will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to directly impact a growing business. Must have the desire and demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.