Reporting directly to the CSS, Global President, this position is ideal for a seasoned Finance and Strategy professional looking to drive change, influence outcomes and make meaningful contributions at both a strategic and tactical level. The ideal candidate is an innovative, strategic thinker capable of developing and implementing a vision that will solidify the GSL's success and growth within the organization.
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Coordinates aspects of segment financial planning (to include items such as budgets, forecasts, business cases) in accordance with overall Crawford financial planning processes and timelines.
- Develops and implements FP&A best practices, procedures and processes to drive best in class forecast & planning, business insight, and analysis to support key members of the senior leadership team. Draws from macro and micro trends to inform key financial strategies and decisions.
- Manages large, complex amounts of data, with the ability to marshal the tools and resources needed to accurately analyze data, provide effective insight, and drive decision-making
- Provides timely financial advice/analysis to GSL Senior Leadership on key matters affecting the GSL and its ability to achieve to financials plan. Ensures strong alignment of operational targets with financial goals.
- Financial Modeling & Financial Performance Management
- Constructs and manages financial modeling utilized in conjunction with the Crawford strategic planning and budgeting processes.
- Formulates and tracks key activities that impact financial performance in conjunction with GSL Senior Leadership Team. Ensures proactive management of financial risks and opportunities.
- Manages tracking of key initiatives, with ability to tie progress/results into P&L statements of the business
- Supports GSL Senior Leadership in embedding targets and associated actions across the business ensuring they strongly correlate with corporate goals.
- Ensures all financial and management reporting requirements are met. Leads the development and implementation of improved metrics/dashboard reporting.
- Performs month-end review and analysis of business unit financial results during the monthly accounting close process whereby comparisons are made to planned and historical results.
- Communication and Facilitation
- Works alongside other leaders to obtain alignment and action at all levels of the organization through insightful analysis.
- Works cross-functionally to create visibility into financial performance and understand key operational metrics within the organization to recommend new opportunities and risks.
- Acts as liaison between GSL Senior Leadership and other business segments to support strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Strategic Planning & Development
- Works with key leaders to develop and execute strategic long term financial plans; Provides support in the formulation of individual department strategies and helps clarify performance outcomes and capabilities required to achieve prescribed goals
- Assist business leaders in the development and communication of specific initiatives that will drive the overall corporate strategy; and support key strategic imperatives.
- Analyzes and evaluates alternate financial plans as they relate to the GSL's objectives
- Ensures the best use of the organization's resources in pursuing growth and profitability objectives.
- Provides quantitative decision support for key operational initiatives gains.
- Conducts ad hoc analysis and provides recommendations on a wide variety of strategic business decisions important to executive leadership including benchmarking and operational decisions across the company
- Develops the analytical framework and blueprint to provoke questions to explore and uncover future growth opportunities.
- Competitive Analysis
- Tracks competition and identifies threats to the organization as well as business opportunities
- Conducts fact based analysis on competitive and market intelligence and develops recommendations to achieve meaningful and tangible business impacts
- Identifies and researches various market trends, analyzing the size and growth potential of new and existing markets.
- Stays abreast of industry information, development, and trends; maintains an understanding of the internal and external factors affecting the business from the GSL's and the clients' perspective.
- Project Management
- Implements prioritized projects to create new services, process efficiencies and/or productivity
- Develops business case summaries on strategic or critical business initiatives aligned to GSL requirements. Presents results for executive leadership teams.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the GSL/business and recommends solutions and improvements, manages change management initiatives and other projects, including those requiring collaboration for a unified deliverable throughout the organization
- Establishes project timelines, milestones, and deliverables and monitors and reports progress to designated stakeholders. Reviews project solutions and validates plans to assure alignment with business strategy including the allocation of budgeted resources.
- Collaboration & Communication
- Collaborates with leadership teams to develop and implement measurement standards and operational indicators.
- Provides regular reports to stakeholders on the status of strategic planning progress and strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- Master's degree preferred, with specialized study in International Business, and/or Finance preferred.
- 10+ years of corporate financial planning, budgeting, and strategic planning. Investment Banking, Private Equity, Analyst, Corporate Development, M&A experience is preferred.
- Expertise in developing and leading financial strategies.
- Thought leadership, change management, and project management experience.
- Be able to read and understand financial statements with an emphasis on operations statements
- Have a general understanding of GAAP accounting
- Financial Planning & Analysis background in the insurance/financial service industry is a plus.
- Must be able to travel as required up to 25%. Travel is variable both in frequency and duration. Extended hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Willingness to travel in a business capacity, including domestically and internationally to the field units as necessary or for market research purposes.
- Willingness to accommodate occasional meetings and work activities that may be scheduled after normal daytime business hours.
- Must complete continuing education requirements as outlined by Crawford Educational Services
- Sound knowledge of the insurance industry is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of the business metrics that are critical to the evaluation of an organization's performance and valuation. Strong execution skills - with evidence of improving financial performance
- Advanced financial modeling and quantitative skills with a passion for using data to drive better decision-making
- Solid understanding of financial management principles i.e. basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and able to make decisions accordingly.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability. Proficient in business analysis and analytical thought process. Ability to think strategically and independently
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills; detail oriented with ability to see the big picture. Ability to structure complex and ambiguous problems to develop insights & approaches.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, consulting, and communication skills; ability to effectively work communicate at a C suite or Board level.
- Successful project management experience in a fast-paced, high growth business.
- High level of proficiency in and strong knowledge of software productivity tools (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio)
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with holistic understanding of company organization and politics. Proactive in style, solutions focused. Intellectual curiosity, creativity, tenacity
- Proven track record in delivering excellent results, exhibiting an open, honest, and collaborative style
- Ability to thrive in a fast, high intensity, deadline driven environment, dealing with multiple projects. Functions well under pressure; consistently pays attention to accuracy and quality of work.
People taking care of people. It's that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients' policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset that's inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.