National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
Learn more about working at the National Retail Federation.
NRF Foundation is seeking a Vice President to join its team. This position will partner with the President in the strategic planning, oversight and execution of the purposeful work of the NRF Foundation and its multimillion-dollar portfolio. The VP will effectively lead a dynamic team responsible for executing programs and initiatives designed to achieve optimal results and ensures efforts align with Board direction and the overall goals and objectives of NRF, while meeting the needs of a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving industry.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Oversees program areas, which include development, maintenance, delivery and evaluation of NRF Foundation programs and products including the NRF Foundation Student Program, RISE Up, the NRF Foundation Gala, the NRF Job Board, a multimillion-dollar scholarship portfolio, and other key programs and initiatives
- Balances management of a philanthropic organization with business objectives to maintain fiscal discipline and generate revenues to fund programs and outreach
- Connects the work of the NRF Foundation and NRF as it relates to advocacy, workforce, communications, research, membership, content and events to identify gaps, define areas appropriate for the Foundation to address, align related efforts, eliminate duplication, and develop priorities
- Identifies and builds relationships with potential partners to maximize industry awareness, increase impact and/or secure financial support to fund programs
- Partners in the identification, development and evaluation of opportunities that provide value to retailers through credentialing or training programs benefiting the industry and its workforce
- Serves as a key point of contact for NRF staff members, consultants, the NRF Foundation Board, vendors, and current and potential partners
- Represents the NRF Foundation at speaking engagements, participation in community-based efforts, and at other meetings with key stakeholders
- Serves as an internal partner in the development of content that effectively positions and appropriately aligns the NRF Foundation’s events, programs and initiatives with key stakeholders and target audiences, and advances the mission of the Foundation
- Oversees grants, including grant submissions and reporting requirements
- Manages and prepares budgets, provides regular oversight and prepares expense and revenue projections
- Presents strategies and program updates to NRF Foundation Board and other executives as requested
- Manages internal team members and multiple consultants/contractors
- Provides direction and leadership to team members, monitors interactions between individual members to ensure collaboration and efficient use of resources
- Serves as a guide and mentor to team members; actively manages team’s productivity and performance, and invests in their professional growth and development
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, advanced degreepreferred
- A minimum ten years’ program development experience (experience in marketing or communications a plus), with five years’ experience leading a fast-paced team to achieve measurable, successful outcomes
- Demonstrated experience operationalizing a strategy
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and the decisiveness to translate ideas into actions and actions into results
- Creative thinker with the ability to recognize opportunities and stimulate efforts to produce innovative results
- Strong analytical skills with keen instinct to gather meaningful data, construct persuasive positions and develop innovative programs and products
- Proven experience balancing philanthropic initiatives with revenue-generating activities
- Background in retail or the service industry, or with a start-up or 501(c)(3) a plus
- Proven relationship management and business development skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively engage, influence, negotiate and drive results
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Excited to join a collaborative, driven team committed to shaping the future of the retail workforce
- Some travelrequired