We are seeking a Vice President for our Food industry team to serve as a key agency contact for a large Food account; help to lead and direct program efforts to ensure client satisfaction, and bring a value-added approach to client work. We are looking for an individual with strong initiative, energy and professionalism.
About the Job
Provide senior-level account planning and serve as the strategic liaison among client, account team, and industry group leader.
- Act as primary client contact for client business units; continually foster client-agency relationship to build trust and become a valuable resource to client. Demonstrate expertise and understanding of clients' marketplace and business.
- Design and implement strategic programs and solutions, identifying and alerting teams and clients to trends
- Encourage and train account teams on developing incremental business; guide them in how to recognize and develop new business opportunities with clients.
- Maintain team billability and productivity requirements; monitor for account profitability.
- Function as key player in pursuing new business opportunities and in leading the proposal and presentation processes; prior experience preparing client proposals and responses.
- Work with office management to develop and implement company policies and procedures; reinforce Ketchum values, ethics, culture and critical success factors.
- Maximize utilization of team members through effective recruitment, employee goal-setting, appraisals, development plans, etc.; work with human resources in dealing with personnel matters.
- Successful track record at building and presenting concepts and programs for clients and new business opportunities, and effectively counseling and selling social and digital media concepts to clients.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities to define measurable objectives, assess campaign metrics, and reports
- Encourage and create a can-do working environment, reinforcing the importance and value of each team member's contributions.
- Demonstrate and develop presentation, negotiation and problem-solving skills; demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of materials, including media materials, byline articles, speeches, client correspondences and reports.
- Stay on top of PR trends in the industry; bring them to the attention of clients and associates, as appropriate.
- Work with financial manager to ensure client budgets are comprehensive, actual costs are monitored and approved, and billed account receivables are collected in a timely manner.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field preferred. Master's degree in a communications field desirable
- At least 9+ years of experience of agency and/or corporate public relations experience
- Proven track record in growing business
- Direct experience in building and managing teams
- Strong client service focus – ability to read and understand client cues and react/adjust to them, as well as adapt to changing/evolving client objectives and strategies.
As a global communications consultancy with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum is a trusted partner who is equal parts creative and analytical. Ketchum is a place where all perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged. We are a collection of communications specialists, content creators, creatives, researchers, data analysts, media pros, digital strategists, issues and crisis counselors, and tech nerds. And we love when those worlds collide to create the very best teams and solutions for our clients. We work with the world's leading brands, emerging start-ups, and everything in between. We are beyond proud to have created some of the most celebrated and award-winning campaigns in our industry. We're just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We encourage our employees to be curious, brave, inspiring, and a force for good. Let's talk. Come belong at Ketchum!
What we offer
- Robust benefits program
- Generous time off policies
- Retirement program with company match
- Workplace flexibility
- Business casual dress code
- Workplace and off-site social gatherings
- Yoga @ work
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Transit benefits