5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a Vice President to join our Boston office. We seek a communications professional with deep and diverse client experience to work with and help manage our dynamic, high-performing team. The candidate will lead integrated programs for clients that may include, but are not limited to, corporate positioning and reputation, high-level media relations, executive communications, issues management, social strategy/channel implementation, and consumer product communications.
As one of the few global, full-service agencies in the Boston area, the FleishmanHillard Boston team’s capabilities and practice areas include Technology, Corporate Reputation, Crisis & Issue Management, Consumer, Healthcare, Higher Education, Social Strategy, and Creative Content Studio. Clients include; Anheuser-Busch, AT&T, Babson College, Bose, Duke Energy, EY, SAP, Syracuse University, Tata Consulting Services, Velcro Companies, among others.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- As a senior counselor, the candidate will serve as a day-to-day strategist for clients, with frequent interaction and counsel to various top-level executives. Will manage work streams and teams on program execution, and oversee budgets, forecasts, and projects. A successful FH strategist also gets in the mix directly, working closely with the entire team on the execution.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with trade, national and online media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Develop and edit compelling and high-quality deliverables, including plans, memos, research, written content, media materials, website and social media content, client correspondence, and collateral.
- Work with integrated teams to provide clients with seamless multi-channel solutions utilizing traditional PR, digital and social media platforms to deliver maximum performance and results.
- Generate incremental business opportunities with existing clients by taking a broad view of the entire marketing and communications mix, and offering strategic recommendations to drive innovative and award-winning integrated communications programs.
- Proactively and reactively embrace and fuel our new business efforts, helping to select clients that align with the FH Boston culture and the team’s skills and interests.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in developing and implementing integrated communications programs, with an emphasis on communications and public relations work for a diverse client portfolio; corporate, consumer, higher-education, professional services, etc. Agency experience is preferred.
- Deep understanding of the media environment and established media contacts in relevant industries with the ability to create media strategy and drive coverage. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Strong strategic thinker, with confidence and skills to lead the development of programs for clients and the office that are distinctive, relevant, creative, and measurable.
- Superior writing skills, with experience translating often complex, industry-specific issues into consumer-friendly messages and materials.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed account teams. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Experience managing accounts for effectiveness and profitability, including establishing meaningful metrics and scorecards for gauging program effectiveness, and overseeing the development and management of budgets, team structure and client reporting.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, draw conclusions, make recommendations, establish reasonable timelines and areas of responsibility, anticipate costs, and identify measures of success.
- Track record of leading efforts for and winning new business – either through the incremental growth of current clients or participation in large- and small-scale new business efforts.
- Experience working directly with senior level clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good social skills, can work effectively in a team environment and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team in the development of client and new business programs and presentations.
- Job ID: 3233