Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
This position provides overall management and oversight of all financial functions of the Medicare health plan. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Vice President, FP&A will be responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, and monitoring financial projections, financial modeling, accounting, tax and reporting activities. Key player in setting strategic vision to ensure health plan’s success. In addition to financial functions, the VP, FP&A directly supervises FP&A Manager and Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A.
1. Direct procedures and policies for financial operations. Prepare annual budget/monthly rolling forecasts incorporating strategic goals and objectives of the annual plan. Monitor and analyze budget variances throughout the year, utilize data for updating forecasts, administer and report on approved budget.
2. Work with senior leadership team to develop long-range plans/financial models and policies. Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals.
3. Prepare 5-year financial forecasts. Set and implement strategic vision of plans to meet/exceed market demand. Participate in corporate strategic planning activities and contribute to departmental and cross-functional teams to achieve goals and ensure future success.
4. Strategically leverage the organization’s resources in support of its mission and goals, contributing to the financial integrity and sustainability of the plan. Prioritize and ensure key strategic projects are implemented within budget and timely.
5. Protect company against known financial risks related to IT, Compliance and Provider Contracting areas. Create and implement strategies to minimize/mitigate risk. Continuously identify new risk and mitigation plan. Responsible for SOX and ORSA compliance.
6. Design the long-term strategic plan for capital expenditures via the forward-looking budget management of purchases of IT assets, leasehold improvement, building, fixtures, equipment and other capital assets.
7. Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service.
8. Manage and forecast cash flows, reinsurance, treasury/investments and taxes.
9. Collaborate with external actuary firm to provide actuarial analysis and forecast on benefit plan products. Provide analytical and reporting support to entire organization. Produce quarterly risk-pool reports on key provider partners.
10. Lead the annual CMS bid filing process while providing strategic directions and competitive information in the development of benefit design. Reconcile monthly revenue from CMS.
11. Prepare and perform attestation/certification/filing to CMS for part C and D financial data integrity including DIR (Direct/Indirect Remuneration), PDE (Prescription Drug Event), FSRR (Fiscal Soundness Reporting Requirements), MLR (Medical Loss Ratio) Report, RADV (Risk Adjustment Data Validation)
12. Lead and collaborate with various types of auditors during the CMS bid financial audit, annual financial statement audit and DMHC (Department of Managed Health Care) audit.
13. Responsible to deliver a safe and productive working environment for associates. Responsible to maintain high associate engagement and morale. Responsible for overall hiring, firing and coaching strategies and implementation.
14. Set and implement strategic vision for human resources to meet dynamic resource needs from all departments timely.
15. Review the space planning process, the office security plan for various campuses, broadcasting procedures for unexpected catastrophic events, business continuity and recovery planning process.
16. Coordinate activities between divisions and parent companies to achieve desired results.
17. Support external and internal audit activities.
18. Other projects as assigned by the CEO or BOD
19. Work with external venture capitalists and investors for capital injection and fundraising purposes
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirement, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
Directly responsible for financial issues within Clever Care Health Plan, with wide latitude for independent decision making, within the framework of delegated authority. Customers include department heads, senior management, vendors, private equity firms, venture capitalists, governmental agencies and other outside agencies.
• Experience and knowledge generally obtained through a Master's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Law or a related field is required.
• A minimum of eight years of experience working in managed care corporate finance and five years in Medicare Advantage executive leadership is required.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills are required to integrate and interpret data from diverse sources.
• This candidate must be knowledgeable in current Centers for Medicaid/Medicare Services (CMS) and California Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC) regulations governing Medicare Advantage products and experienced at interfacing with national and regional CMS offices.
• The candidate will have a credible background with CMS.
• The candidate must have excellent organizational skills with superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be experienced and comfortable with public speaking.
• The candidate also must exhibit initiative and ability to assume responsibility, prove initiative and maintain confidentiality, as well as demonstrate comfort working in a complex, competitive environment.
• Expert skill in financial accounting, cost accounting, and budgeting, knowledge of hospital and provider reimbursement and expert knowledge of GAAP and SAP accounting, investments, financial management, Medicare, government health programs, federal and state taxes and corporate finance.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred. CPA preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
Valid through: 4/26/2021
$250K — $250K+
8 days ago
$200K — $250K
5 days ago