The Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis will play a leadership role assisting the executive management team in developing and implementing key financial analysis systems and processes. The individual would ultimately be responsibility for strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting and analytical activities for the entire organization. As a public company that endures constant challenging business opportunities and challenges we are looking for a senior-level hands-on leader who has experienced best practices, particularly around managing annual and long-term strategic planning processes, enterprise planning systems, financial forecasting for multiple businesses and implementation experience with business intelligence applications and related business process improvements. The position will include developing and driving the long-term strategic planning processes, annual budgets, financial forecasts and analyses, overseeing the development and delivery of management reporting environments and monitoring key performance indicators. This individual will work closely with the executive and senior management team members to drive business insight and companywide financial results, and to provide fact-based thought leadership on key strategic and financial decisions. The position will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- Lead development of business intelligence, key performance monitoring tools and department level key metric dashboards
- Work with executive management to implement and monitor rolling twelve month forecasts and three-year plans that incorporate the financial impacts of Company strategies and initiatives
- Lead the development, monitoring and reporting of key operational metrics and drive process change across the organization
- Work closely with the executive team to develop annual budgets and operational analysis and reporting;
- Provide analytical perspectives to support important strategic decisions, including key capital investments, e-commerce initiatives, shop-floor data collection initiatives and future M&A or divestiture activities
- Ultimately lead company-wide strategic planning, budget and quarterly target-setting processes, including weekly forecasts and key performance monitoring (currently decentralized)
- Provide support to month-end and quarter-end closing and related reporting processes
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis to support key business decisions
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a "Reasonable Accommodation" under the ADA.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
General office environment with intensive computer work and extended use of the computer keyboard and mouse
- B.S. degree in finance or accounting; MBA preferred
- 15+ years finance-related experience, with deep financial planning and analysis experience in a leadership role
- Strong communication and relationship building skills at senior levels, with the ability to interpret and summarize data
- Systems savvy- comfort with deep, data environments and experience with Oracle product suite is a plus
- Able to work in a fast pace, high-intensity environment