Edelman Financial Communications & Capital Markets (FinComm) is a boutique strategic consultancy with the reach and resources of the world’s largest public relations firm. We help companies build trust, credibility and enterprise value during normal-course business and in transformative situations.
The FinComm Healthcare Team is a specialized team within the broader FinComm practice that partners with Boards of Directors and management teams of public and private companies across the healthcare and life sciences space to navigate complex financial transactions and situations that impact reputation and valuation.
The Vice President, FinComm Healthcare will be responsible for leading healthcare-focused financial communications accounts, teams and projects for clients across the sector, from pharma and biotech to health and wellness, health tech, medical device, healthcare-focused private equity / venture capital and more. While healthcare experience is preferred, it is not required for this role.
The candidate must possess a strong comfort level in providing strategic counsel to senior executives on special situations and transaction communications (e.g., M&A, IPOs) and issues / crisis management. The candidate should also possess previous media relations experience, ideally across top-tier, healthcare and/or financial publications.
- Provide high-quality, healthcare-focused financial communications strategy and support during normal course business and transformative situations – including but not limited to investor relations, special situations and transaction communications, and issues and crisis management – for existing and incoming client opportunities
- Serve as strategic counselor and relationship lead for C-suite executives, as well as clients who manage communications and marketing functions
- Lead accounts and assignments of all sizes and complexities, effectively drawing from relevant Edelman teams and resources to deliver best-in-class services
- Is detailed-oriented and ensures account teams are proactive and highly responsive to client needs, anticipating upcoming deliverables and taking accountability for proper execution
- Collaborate with Edelman colleagues in FinComm and across other practices in the US and globally to further develop and grow global practice integration for healthcare work and beyond
- Build awareness of Edelman FinComm with potential referral sources (e.g., bankers, lawyers, healthcare industry contacts, etc.)
- Support continued growth of the FinComm Healthcare team by leading and/or contributing to pitches and new business efforts
- Drive FinComm Healthcare marketing and prospecting efforts to identify new opportunities, including developing new thought leadership and IP
- Support team culture, with a focus on development, training and support of junior staff
- Responsible for formalizing plans for career development for direct reports, mentoring and managing teams more broadly
- 10+ years of experience in strategic and/or financial communications, preferably with some agency experience; healthcare experience preferred, but not required
- Deep understanding of how companies can more effectively communicate to their financial audiences during normal course business and times of transformation
- Strong comfort level in counseling senior executives of clients of private and publicly traded companies on financial communications matters
- Experience with high-intensity corporate assignments, transactions, issues/crises; strong media relations skills and relationships with media
- A self-starter and big thinker with an operational mindset and who performs with a sense of urgency
- Collaborative team player with experience in growing business and supporting the development of team members along the way
- Experience in new business development and marketing
- Organized, proactive and self-motivated; anticipate upcoming client projects and deliverables
- Strong writing, presentation and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills; innate desire to provide excellent service to clients
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).