The Financial Accounting Lead Analyst will report to the Financial Controller for activities supporting Citi Retail Services. This team serves as an advisor on month-end entries and analysis, reconciliation, client projects, and control matters. The individual in this role will work closely with others in the North America Controller’s Organization, private label partners, the Business CFO’s, treasury, tax, legal and internal and external auditors on matters related to financialreporting, US GAAP and IFRS.
Specific responsibilities will include items such as:
- Responsible for single portfolio and related accounting team
- Review contracts and establish processes to ensure compliance with contractual requirements
- Responsible for periodic close processes and related reporting requirements
- Interface with clients and internal/external business partners (Finance, Risk, M&A, Audit, etc.)
- Escalation and remediation of issues
- Assist with BS and P&L variance analysis with explanations at legal and management levels
- Ensure compliance with Citi policies including SOX, COB, and MCA
- Ensure compliance efforts are completed timely and reported accurately
- Represent team on projects (e.g. conversions, analysis, business initiatives, acquisitions, and divestures); and assist with related process development and design as required
- Identify and communicate balance sheetrisk
- Escalate account issues and ensure Corrective Action Plans are initiated as required
- Understand accounting systems, processes, and their respective transaction flows
- Account reconciliation oversight – management of team’s current responsibilities with an eye towards improving/automating current processes where applicable
- This position must be capable of working in a team environment and pick up items at various levels of completion when needed to benefit the team.
- The position requires the ability to identify issues and engage to drive resolution.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in general accounting and reconciliation processes. Audit or self-assessment experiences are a plus.
- In depth understanding of technical US GAAP and the ability to apply that knowledge to business transactions
- Financial service industry experience a plus
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, or equivalent graduate degree
- A person of high integrity and unquestionable ethics
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers and senior leadership competently and effectively
- Team player – A dedicated, hands-on financial professional who has the desire and ability to dig in and is driven to get the correct answers regarding complex issues. Works well with others at all levels in the organization. Shares thoughts and challenges ideas appropriately
- Ability to push back – The poise and self confidence to provide the right answers even if it is different from what the recipient expects or desires
- Results oriented – Personal qualities which include being a results oriented, bright, resourceful, service driven finance professional who is capable of working independently and managing multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment. Executes tasks efficiently.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo in order to enhance productivity, processes and procedures
- Helps to maintain a work environment where all individuals can do their best work, with zero tolerance for ethnic, racial, gender, religious or any other type of bias.
- Ability and desire to assume additional responsibility as needed.
- Have a excellent track record of analyzing, researching and clearing issues
- Extensive research skills in both general ledger and reporting tools
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office programs. Microsoft Access knowledge strongly desired. Peoplesoft experience a plus.