The Vice-President of Finance will serve as a key member of the accesso leadership team and will be responsible for every aspect of finance under the direction of the CFO: strategic business planning, compliance, accounting, budgeting, tax, treasury, external auditors, FP&A; payroll and compensation; and scaling the finance function. This person will balance a strong vision for a growing finance team with a hands-on approach to managing the financial operations of a fast-paced and ambitious organization.
The VP Finance will be the key provider of the following:
Participate in the strategic management of the business; function as a key advisor and business partner to the CFO as well as other key executives.
- Understand and ensure appropriate attention to the key financialdrivers of the company.
- Contribute to strategic planning across existing and projected products.
- Manage cash flow and provide timely communications regarding future cash projections and requirements.
- Develop systematic procedures and systems for financial planning and analysis, including annual operating plans, forecasts, and all supporting operational reporting.
- Lead the global finance teams to provide financial support for product lines through processes of forecasting, reporting, business modeling and decision support.
Lead and execute all financial functions; oversee internal and external financial and accounting system controls and standards and ensure timely financial and statistical reporting.
- Achieve timely and accurate financialreporting.
- Further develop strong internal and financial controls, information systems, reporting systems, and analytic tools that effectively help top management and other key executives to understand, manage and grow the business.
- Ensure that all expenditure is controlled, challenged and minimized via appropriate use of systems, continuous process improvement, and commitment to quality and investments in technology.
- Oversee the Risk & Compliance function.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and provide the leadership to drive and implement positive change.
- Ensure that Group financialreporting and policies meet the requirements of applicable regulatory bodies.
- Support the integration of acquisitions and the set-up of finance functions to support operations in new geographies.
Leadership & Communication:
Attract, recruit, develop and provide leadership to a talented team of financial professionals located across several locations. Develop a “high-performance” culture characterized by high integrity, effective communication, efficiency, teamwork and collaboration.
- Develop a close working relationship with various internal partners such as VP, HR to work together on comp plans, benefits, equity participation schemes, etc.
- Develop effective relationships with external auditors, tax and legal advisors, Board members, audit committee, investors, bankers and financial analysts.
- Bring creative thinking and possess a strategic outlook, with a focus on organizational efficiency and operational effectiveness.
- Minimum of 10 years financial management experience, preferably within the technology sector;
- Experience of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)/ International Accounting Standards (IAS);
- Experience within a listed, multi-location, international and acquisitive organization preferred;
- Strong technical skills in finance, accounting, and analysis, planning and forecasting skills;
- Professional integrity with a continuous history of delivering ‘cleanfinancials’;
- Ability to grasp complex business models and provide financial analysis as a key contributor to business planning;
- Proven track record of contributing to the overall strategic direction and general management of the company with the ability to work successfully with cross-functional executives;
- Experience supporting investor and board presentations;
- Inspiring leader to direct and indirect reports;
- Ability to have a “hands-on” approach as required.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance or a related field. CPA or other recognized qualification required.