Reporting to the CFO, the primary responsibility of the Candidate is to orchestrate the financial reporting and analysis program across Lytx and to support the CFO and the rest of the executive team in the planning, forecasting and interpretation of financial information. Specifically, this means ownership over financial processes such as the annual budget, the rolling 6-quarter forecasts, monthly updates and the analysis and reporting of periodic operating and financial results. The candidate will work with organizations across Lytx to build and maintain detailed operational budgets and forecasts, conduct ad hoc financial analysis and provide ongoing financial and operational analysis support to the organization. The candidate will also substantively contribute to the Company's strategic plan and operational plan. Most importantly, this FP&A leader will be a key contributor to the successful growth of Lytx. The FP&A leader will achieve this by utilizing financial information and their deep knowledge of the business and best practices to engage business leaders across Lytx to challenge the status quo – continually pushing Lytx's business leaders to look at their business through fresh eyes while also driving operational excellence. Under the direction of the CFO and coordinating closely with the accounting, tax, treasury, and human capital teams and supported by their FP&A team, the candidate will provide analytical support to cross-functional teams to impact and drive the company's operating performance and financial returns. The candidate will partner with departmental leaders across the company to generate key insights from analysis of financial and operating results and projections. Through process, systems, and reporting improvements this role will continually provide more transparency and visibility into current and future operations of Lytx. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance leader with a proven track record of cross-functional leadership, creative problem-solving, business partnership, and change management to join in a high-growth, mission-driven organization.
Essential Responsibilities and Capabilities Include:
- Possess excellent management, leadership skills, analytical skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Advise the CFO and other key members of senior management on financial results & planning, budgeting, cash flow, and operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial and operating results and matters to senior management, Company management, and third parties.
- Deliver and manage key aspects of the forecasting and budgeting processes, including financial planning and modelling, and business plan development
- Responsible for performance measurements of the organization, including key operating metrics, forecasting, reporting, and variance analysis.
- Identify and monitor key operating metrics, business risks and opportunities associated with the annual operating plan.
- Design, deliver, and obtain engagement from value-added business analyses.
- Provide periodic reporting packages that include full financial statements, comprehensive KPI reporting, operational dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, and comprehensive, executive-level explanations of variances and trends, and MD&A.
- Provide financial modelling, analysis and valuation support for acquisitions, new product development, R&D initiatives and long-term contracts.
- Proactively identify and participate in solutions to complex business issues facing the company.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes of the Successful Candidate:
- Articulate professional; possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of analyzing and presenting complex financial information and concepts in an easy-to-understand format.
- Comfortable as an agent of change with a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization. Champion for process improvement and ability to evaluate processes; seek out and implement internal or external best practices.
- Deep financial modelling skills with ability to develop and manage complex financial models and analyses; superior excel modelling skills and demonstrated proficiency in developing models incorporating sensitivity and risk analysis.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to compile, identify and interpret financial information, articulate problems, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and comfortable questioning prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected. Ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable strategic recommendations.
- Ability to synthesize data into easy-to-understand graphical portrayals which can be understood by less-financially-astute individuals.
- Attention to detail and an overarching dedication to "get the right answers" to large and small questions through data analysis and attentiveness to communicating at the appropriate level to convey conclusions to operational teams, executives, investors a must.
- Ability to lead a team of dynamic FP&A professionals
- Highest level of integrity and honesty; appreciation for sensitive and confidential data and the ability to professionally assume responsibility for highly-sensitive and confidential information.
Experience and Education:
- 10+ years of progressive financial planning & analysis and corporate finance management experience in high growth companies
- Exceptional team leadership skills with the ability to crisply communicate financial directions, deliverables and timelines to the Finance team and executive stakeholders, align across functional teams against goals and strategic initiatives.
- Strong strategic thinking ability and demonstrated business acumen resulting in proper planning, management of resources and making investments to achieve planned financial goals/targets.
- Hire, lead and inspire members of the FP&A team responsible to execute plans, strategies and optimize process while driving accurate financial details for respective departments.
- Strong relationship-building skills, with experience managing resources across the team and organization, mentoring the FP&A team and respective career development plans
- Previous experience in accounting department or understanding of Gaap and managerial accounting
- Financial business management experience
- Treasury experience or interest a plus
- MBA and /or CPA preferred
- Some travel to regional offices