To maximize the hospital's financial performance and contribution to the overall health care system's strategic and operational goals through innovative leadership and accountability.
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance related major
- 3 - 5 years experience in a hospital accounting environment. 1 – 3 years of supervisory experience. Proficient in the use of computers, and the development and monitoring of financial statements and accounting practices.
- Certified Public Accountant – preferred.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- In keeping with MHS Corporate Finance budget plan, policies and procedures, coordinates the hospital's formal budget program, including, but not limited to, capital, salary, productivity, supply, expense and revenue budgets.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual analyses and reviews to ensure budgetary oversight and compliance for the hospital and the operating departments.
- Directs the overall hospital financial management processes through interactions with hospital executives, cost center managers, and corporate departments to enhance efficiency and quality of services.
- Reviews, interprets, analyzes, and reports financial and statistical data for administration, department directors/managers, and Corporate Finance.
- Coordinates hospital participation and works with Business Development and Corporate Finance concerning expansion of existing services and new hospital services.
- Assists in the preparation of statistical and financial reporting to external agencies with coordination and oversight from Corporate Finance.
- Provides leadership and oversight to ensure maximum compliance with regulatory agencies, MHS accounting standards, controls, organizational goals, policies, procedures and contract terms.
- Serves as the hospital Compliance Officer and primary contact for internal audit functions and activities. Participates on applicable corporate oversight and compliance committees.
- Participates in monthly Corporate Financial close meetings.
- Works with Corporate Finance on the Charge Description Master.
- Serves as the hospital leader in providing and coordinating financial education and orientation to the hospital staff.
- Functions as hospital administrative liaison for the corporate departments of case management, accounting ( and productivity), information systems, materials management, admitting/registration and health information management.
- Performs other related accountabilities / duties as required or directed.