The Vice-President, Finance is a dynamic position and will serve as a key member of the executive leadership team. Focus for the position will be on business strategy, financialreporting & analysis, financial relations and oversight of the accounting and financial functional teams within the organization.
We are looking for a senior-level finance professional who has the ability to build relationships, work collaboratively in a private family-owned business setting and provide financial modelling and recommendations to support the goals of the Company.
This position will serve as key point of contact to external contacts with respect to financial matters and will participate in cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to budgets, forecasts and long-term operational goals.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company?s plan for growth and expansion. Provide insight and recommendations for execution of those plans.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Oversee financial analysis and planning.
- Create reports and develop tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Supervise the accounting department (including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable) to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software, ensuring data integrity on a daily, weekly, monthly and year-end basis.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, federal/state compliance and financial procedures as they relate to accounting practices and integrity.
- Oversee Payroll Department, while working with Human Resources Department to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close processes including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocations; oversee preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization?s plans and operating budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, vendors, institutions, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Mentor and develop team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team.
- Supervise Payroll management and ensure execution of the weekly payroll function; ensuring multi-state legal compliance.
- Oversee weekly cash management and Accounts Payable Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred; CPApreferred
- 7years minimum senior-level financial management experience; 10+ years total accounting or financeexperience
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, state and federal compliance.
- Coordination experience with I.T. Department in managing accounting system. System implementation experiencepreferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence, ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills; significant experienceworking withinternal controls and compliance-related issues.