As part of Advocate Health Care, Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois and among the top 10 in the nation. The two main Chicago Metropolitan region campuses are located in Oak Lawn in the southwest and Park Ridge in the northwest. Additional services are accessible at other Advocate hospitals throughout the state. Advocate Children’s Hospital serves as a major referral center for infants and children. Through a special, wholistic approach, Advocate Children’s Hospital combines some of the country’s most respected medical talent with exceptional and compassionate care. In fact, the children’s hospital has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s leaders in pediatric cardiology and neonatology, and numerous physicians on staff here have been recognized among the Top Doctors regionally and nationally in their field. The hospital is staffed by more than 400 pediatricians and 230 pediatric subspecialists, who offer a wide range of specialized services for children.
Provides leadership, coordination and strategic direction for the financial services of the hospital and related operating units and strategic partner organizations, including financial planning, decision support, business unit integration and medical records. Responsible for following system financial policies and implementing operating unit procedures to ensure system policies are adhered to, designing and implementing effective financial policies and processes, and for managing processes and resources to maintain the fiscal integrity of the system's assets, revenues and expenditures. Coordinates various financial activities between the Advocate Support Center, SRCO, Advocate Children's Hospital, Advocate community hospitals and external strategic partners. Interacts closely with senior management in the daily operations of the hospitals, related operating units and joint ventures. Responsible for the facilitation of fiscal operational integration across the entire Advocate Children's enterprise, including operational integration of programs, services and staffing. Represents Advocate Health Care and Advocate Children's Hospital on various committees and task forces, providing strategic insight and information for responsible fiscal decision making. The position will also be assigned VP of Finance duties at other Advocate hospitals or operating units and/or System-level financialresponsibilities related to mergers and acquisitions and other special assignments as determined by the CFO. Reports directly to the system SVP, CFO and Treasurer and indirectly to the President of ACH. May also assume some matrixed responsibilitiesunder the direction of the SVP, CFO and Treasurer and President of ACH. Works collaboratively with the hospital management team as well as the system Vice President of Finance/Controller, system Vice President of Operations/Finance and Vice President of SRCO.
- MBA or CPArequired
- 8-10 years of financial operations experience within the healthcare industry, including at least 4 years of financial management experience within the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership ability.
- Demonstrated project managementexperience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of financial planning, feasibility study and reimbursement models
- PHO / Managed Care experience
- Knowledge of managed care and risksharing agreements
- Physician billing and contracting experience (at applicable sites)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the ACH President and the SVP, CFO and Treasurer.
- Coordinates ACH efforts to ensure compliance with Advocate financial policies and procedures and internal and external audit standards and guidelines. Cooperates with the corporate compliance committee to help ensure ACH is adhering to the Advocate corporate compliance program in the following areas:
- Champions application of decision support tools among the management team.
- Partners with revenue cycle management (SRCO) to enhance revenue capture. Monitors performance measures to maximize revenue:
Job ID: 88485