Leading food distribution business based in Denver Colorado is looking for a Vice President of Finance to support the company. The business culture is very collaborative and entrepreneurial. The challenges for the Vice President of Finance are commensurate with supporting top line growth of 30%+.
The Vice President of Finance will be responsible for all activities in the Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, and other administrative functions in the business. While there is a staff of 8 to perform these assigned functions, this is a "hands on" role. The successful candidate will be capable rolling up the sleeves when needed, spearheading projects, and seeing the big picture including support with business strategy.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Interacts frequently with the Board and management team. Offers a financial perspective on growing the business profitably.
- Development of a key performance indicator scorecard to support the business activities and initiatives.
- Compliance with local, state, and federal laws as well as contractual commitments.
- Oversee and assist in the monthly and annual accounting close and annual budgetprocesses; Prepare quarterly financial forecast updates through the remainder of the year.
- Primary contact with outside auditors, tax, regulators, insurance providers, bankers, and other administrative service providers.
- Oversee and/or prepare various financial analysis for the management team and other internal departments.
- Oversee and manage placement and delivery of business insurance (medical, property, and casualty), information technology, payroll, and related administrative support functions.
- Proactively forecast and manage, with the assistance of staff, the cash requirements of the business.
- Actively participate on cross functional projects and initiatives.
- Lead and participate in cross functional projects, initiatives, and other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; MBA a plus.
- CPA is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years mix of experience in both public accounting and industry.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and accounting practices.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Experience in developing Key Performance Indicators and related management reporting.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment while being able to focus on prioritized tasks.
- High degree of proficiency with standard Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Windows, and Cosmos DB. Advanced Excel and Cognos reporting are preferred.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of personnel and management.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
FreshPack is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one's employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.