About the person
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience in being a strategic leader with a strong grasp of core financial concepts that that positively impact decisions and business results. This individual must be able to use data to drive continuous improvements and be a subject matter expert in financial modeling, financial analysis, pricing, budgeting and forecasting, and strong people management.
They will possess strong influence and collaboration skills, working closely and building consensus with their peers across global locations, as well as business leaders. This person will not only be comfortable challenging the status quo but will thrive on it. They will have a passion for creative problem-solving, modernizing and upgrading how we approach business.
The Vice President of Finance must be highly organized and detail-oriented, following up with a sense of urgency and tracking progress against initiatives. He or she must have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
Finally, our Vice President of Finance must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy, conscientiousness, flexibility, dependability, and a good sense of humor.
- Prepare and monitor the company's detailed long-range strategic financial models
- Provide financial modeling, financial analysis for product development, pricing, long-term contracting, and other financial projects
- Maintain, monitor and analyze key company financial and operational metrics
- Work closely with Sales Enablement to drive systems and processes around visibility and reporting around pipeline, bookings and related commissions achievement
- Work closely with Technology and Product group to drive systems and processes around visibility and reporting around performance and efficiency metrics
- Direct budget and forecasting cycles – system, process and financial analysis
- Drive financial planning, analysis, and coordination of monthly financial reporting
- Drive and oversee monthly forecasting cycles, understanding risks and opportunities from a revenue and expense perspective. Communicate the expected results to the Leadership team.
- Analyze budget and forecast variances to provide visibility and understanding into fluctuations in revenue and expense, as well as other key metrics
- Prepare reporting, analysis, commentary and presentation materials for monthly and quarterly business review meetings
- Function as a business partner to the management team
- Work on special projects for CFO, CEO and other executive leaders of the company
- Must have 10+ years of financial management experience, have managed financial teams in a leadership capacity
- Experience with corporate budgeting process and financial modeling techniques
- Excellent internal customer relations skills with ability to communicate effectively
- Problem solving aptitude with creative thinking skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Passionate about leadership and development of team members
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance