Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
Reporting to the President, the VP Finance is responsible for managing the finance and accounting functions of the Company. The VP Finance will play a key role as part of the senior leadership team with regard to long and short term strategy development and then measurement of the Company’s progress against stated objectives. The VP Finance is a goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal functions and performance in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Participate in the development of the corporation's strategic initiatives as a member of the core leadership team.
- Help drive long-range planning and the introduction of new programs/processes including proactive regulatory initiatives to ensure compliance with all government and industry requirements.
- Evaluate the finance organization structure and team; plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and provide individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities whenever possible.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to the Finance/Accounting departments in the matters of financial reporting, internal controls, cash management, asset management, and accounting procedures.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the financial leadership of both NMS parent companies, Sodexo USA and NANA Development Corporation.
- Serves as senior financial executive and primary contact related to the outside audit function.
- Responsible for preparing and conducting detailed reviews of financial statements, book of business performance analysis and prepares reports for NMS’s Senior Management, Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and outside parties.
- Responsible for the investment analysis of all major business opportunities, including but not limited to contracts that require capital investment and business process improvements.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and modeling.
- Responsible for the maintenance of contract costing standards, for the financial review of all contracts, and for monthly performance reporting of each contract.
- Maintains overall responsibility for risk management in the Company by assessing and quantifying business risks and then taking appropriate measures to minimize, monitor, and control said risks.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate analytical tools, information systems, and models of cost behavior to ensure effective and efficient management and allocation of resources.
- This position has supervisor responsibilities.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline from an accredited College or University.
- Minimum ten (10) years of related finance leadership experience demonstrating increasing roles and responsibilities.
- Work related experience should consist of an in-depth background in finance, treasury, accounting, management, strategic planning and supervisory skills.
- Advanced experience with continuous improvement and automation of all business functions.
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal compliance regulations, GAAP and treasury policies and procedures. IFRS knowledge preferred but not required.
- Advanced skills related to the consolidation and reporting of financial results, and formulation and implementation of accounting procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to members and employees.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Requires a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy.
- CPA license preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside
Noise level: Quiet
Description of environment: Standard office environment
Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Travel: This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.