Children’s Specialists of San Diego (CSSD) is a professional medical group whom employs or contracts with more than300 physicians in over 30 specialty divisions and partners with Rady Children's Hospital San Diego (RCHSD) and University of California, San Diego (UCSD) to serve a local, national and international patient population. Our specialists provide a full and diverse spectrum of ambulatory, emergency and in-patient services and arehighly qualified to provide excellence in pediatric, adolescent and maternal-fetal care. Our physicians are also involved in cutting-edge research, innovation, training of future doctors and leaders, publications in peer-reviewed journals, and state-of-the-art presentations at national and international conferences.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join CSSD, a leading physician led and owned group practice, as Vice President, Finance & Operations. This position reports to the CSSD President and Board of Directors, and is a member of a high-performing, quality-focused executive team, in a results-driven, growing healthcare system. The Vice President, Finance & Operations will support the direction of CSSD by forging strong relationships with the health system enterprise, physicians and physician leadership necessary for the successful attainment of the medical group’s financial and operational goals. The Vice President, Finance & Operations is accountable for overall financial operations and is responsible for all aspects of the day to day management of the group.
The CSSD Medical Group Vice President, Finance & Operations has responsibility and authority for overseeing all financial aspects of the practice, including identifying and pursuing opportunities for efficiency, overseeing calculation and payment of physician compensation, representing CSSD in negotiations with RCHSD & UCSD, and partnering with the Vice President, Finance & Operations of the Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego (RCSSD) Medical Practice Foundation to identify and execute opportunities to improve revenue.
- Directs fiscal activities, including accounting, payroll, budgets, audits, & the preparation of regulatory agency and government reports, and ensures the systems and procedures necessary to ensure & maintain efficient financial controls are in place.
- Prepares annual financial and compensationbudgets for the Medical Group and each of its divisions. Provides ongoing analysis of budget variances and assists the Division Chiefs/Clinical Directors in implementing changes needed to achieve budgeted goals.
- Provides financial leadership and guidance to Division Chiefs, trains Division Chiefs on financial matters, and provides routine feedback regarding division performance.
- Ensures that monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately, all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and in compliance with policies and standards, and that any outstanding variances are identified and corrected timely.
- Provides financial expertise in providing new services and adding additional physicians, including preparation of pro-formas.
- Works as a partner with other members of the Medical Group’s Senior Leadership Team, Board of Directors, and the group’s affiliates to ensure open lines of communication and positive interactions.
- Provides guidance and assists the Division Chiefs in ensuring the group is staffed appropriately and that productivity goals are met.
- Assists with contracting and other business development activities to ensure net revenue maximization.
- Maintains a current knowledge of healthcare industry trends and changes to ensure CSSD is prepared and compliant.
- Negotiates with partners’ executives while maintaining collaborative relationships.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field and a Master's degree in Business Administration or other equivalent advanced degree. CPA certification highly desired.
- Experience working withinformation technology and proficiency with software packages including Excel and Word.
- 5 years of executive financial leadership in a large multi-specialty physician group in a competitive market or a progressively complex major healthcare system, including financial, business and strategic planning. Vice President, Finance & Operations experiencepreferred, but strong Controllerexperience considered. Previous experience with a medical practice foundation model highly preferred.
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and consensus building skills.
- Strong knowledge of finance, numerical analysis, budget creation and execution, financial reconciliation, previous experience with planning, implementation and administration of programs supporting thefinancial operations of a medical group.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change with consideration of its impact on decision-making and planning.
- Proactive leadership to elicit input from Medical Group physicians and health system stakeholders and utilize that input in decision-making processes.
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build consensus among key stakeholders, including physicians, employees, and leaders within the health system and community. Well-developed presentation skills.
- Ability to lead with a high degree of emotional intelligence and ethics.
- Proven success in building and leading high performing, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, legal and regulatory.
- Ability and willingness to manage high-pressure situations and simultaneous and constantly shifting demands from various stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate proven financial analysis skills.
Job ID 331