Who we are...
Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility. We develop technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and easily. We are fostering the development of safe cities, working with police departments and municipalities to install over 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety cameras across North America.
We are also creating smart roadways, serving the world's largest commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling transactions and violations for over 8.5 million vehicles. And we are a leading provider of connected systems, processing nearly 165 million transactions each year across 50+ individual tolling authorities.
In a nutshell
Verra Mobility is searching for a Vice President, Divisional Finance for its Emerging Markets Business Unit (EMBU). The EMBU actively focuses on growing existing automotive mobility solutions through innovation and market expansion in North America and new European markets.
A highly technical and motivated group, this business unit incubates the smartest concepts and devises market entry strategies to deliver long term value through progressive development for customers and partners. In addition to commercial business service delivery, the group focuses on direct-to-consumer applications to extend markets, grow share and ultimately to simplify mobility.
This is the kind of stuff you'll do
- Originate and develop analyses to help executives better understand financial trends and financial opportunities (e.g. cost savings, business development, etc.)
- Leverage analyses to ensure the business unit meets its financial expectations and make certain Executive leadership is fully aware of those results
- Manage the business unit’s annual planning process, including developing key assumptions, working with the business partners to ensure budgets are appropriate and that operational partners establish action plans that achieve the needed financial outputs
- Primary interface with the business partners to ensure appropriate cost control, accurate forecasting and insightful business understanding
- Proactively provide business leaders with sound financial analysis and guidance, including competitive reviews and strategic analysis, in order to grow the business profitably
- Identify opportunities to automate reporting and analysis, where possible. Drive development and implementation of tools that allow for increased analytical capabilities
- Work with Corporate to develop 1, 3 and 5 years plans, including developing the appropriate models and working with executives to reflect business trends
What we need in you
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting plus a minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in finance or accounting
- Advanced Excel skills, along with solid ability with other Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Individual must be able to identify necessary analysis and make independent decisions to give direction to business partners
- Ability to understand trends and results at both a detailed and strategic level, and to inter-relate issues between the two
- Expertise in developing complex financial models and forecasts to support corporate planning decisions
- Must have the ability to assemble large volumes of data and inputs and organize for strategic decision making with an acute sense of urgency
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to lead people to get positive results