Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you'll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there's a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Manages all Sales and Marketing activities in a Division. Effectively manages day-to-day marketing and sales of a defined, geographical Division and manages Regional Sales management associates. Works closely with Operations to ensure that product lines and pricing meet the demands of the market and coordinates resources in markets with multiple communities and product lines. Responsible and accountable for meeting and exceeding the occupancy and revenue goals while always supporting the operational policies and for budgeting and fiscal management of community marketing budgets as well as the Divisional Corporate level marketing budget.
- Markets and positions products within assigned Division. Manages open inventory and overall pricing.
- Achieves and exceeds all occupancy and revenue goals.
- Oversees use of marketing budget dollars to assure optimal exposure and maximum efficiencies. Coordinates Trimester Planning and use of marketing budget dollars to create shared efficiencies in media.
- Determines and implements the proper sales structure within the Division.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, training and coaching of all marketing staff in the portfolio of managed communities. Actively partners with Sales, Marketing, Training and Development, Human Resources, and Operations in the recruitment, hiring, training, coaching, evaluating, and disciplining of all sales positions within the Division.
- Oversees and/or completes the marketing plan and budgetary process for the Division. Partners with the marketing team in the development and modification of short and long-range community marketing plans and budgets by assuring competitor information, data and feedback are available. Oversees development of the trimester sales plans to support the budget and achieve the desired objectives.
- Coordinates the completion of competitive analysis on all communities within the Division every trimester and keeps current on competitive projects and programs in the marketplace. Understands local markets within Division and collaborates with Operations and the Regional Sales management to make pricing and tool box recommendations.
- Monitors marketing and sales performance expectations. Assesses the skills and abilities of sales staff and Regional management and coaches, trains and motivates as appropriate to achieve success. Reviews and analyzes weekly and monthly sales and marketing reports to ensure accuracy of information and to make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Responsible for conducting quality assurance calls on all selling marketing staff including business development calls and analyzing competitor data, in conjunction with Regional management.
- Visits communities and travels with Operations partners and Regional Sales management in order to ensure execution of the sales and marketing programs and strategies to achieve and maintain full occupancy as defined by the communities' business plans. Attends and participates in team meetings within Division.
- Partners with Training and Development to actively participate in sales training activities for the Division.
- Promotes Brookdale Senior Living in a positive manner and sets the example for company's standards for excellence. Serves as a consensus builder among Sales and Operations teams.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with Operations VPs and other corporate personnel. Educates and supports Operations management and Executive Directors about the sales and marketing programs for their respective communities.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the lead tracking/management system, trouble shooting and training. Monitors community lead and business tracking systems, sales tools and resources to ensure compliance with system usage and follow up statistics.
- Promotes business coordination between communities to provide optimum results without duplication of resources.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field from a four year college or university is highly desired. A minimum of five years of experience in a senior level sales and marketing role. A minimum of five years of management experience. Progressive sales benchmarking experience. Experience is in senior living, healthcare or hospitality industry and in a multi-community role with management responsibility is preferred. Proven track record of recruiting, developing and leading a successful sales team. Proven experience as an accomplished sales strategist. Excellent track record of exceeding revenue and occupancy expectations