The Vice President, Facilities develops and executes a system wide plan for Facilities Management which results in operational excellence, high customer and staff satisfaction, consistent and effective service delivery, and improved operating costs. The Vice President leads and oversees the following areas: Hospital Engineering, Clinical Engineering, Parking and Transportation, Safety and Security, and Environmental of Care compliance. This includes oversight of 700 employees. The Vice President ensures all operations are efficient and compliant with all regulatory agencies and proactively supports efforts to deliver safe patient care and services at Children’s.
- Leads and is accountable for system wide delivery and performance of support services including: Facilities Engineering, Clinical Engineering, Safety and Security, Emergency Management and Environment of Care Compliance.
- Establish, coordinate, and maintain operational structures within the system campuses, which promote multi-disciplinary collaborative processes, participative involvement and adequate resource allocation in maintaining excellence in all areas.
- Develop, implement, and follow through with short and long range goals for all facilities that are consistent with Children’s mission, vision, and values.
- Accountable for development and compliance with annual operating budget, while improving facility operating costs by limiting variation, standardizing cross-campus processes and implementing efficiency standards.
- Evaluates current systems and processes and develops and implements System-wide standards for a comprehensive facilities management program including:
- Preventive, corrective and routine maintenance;
- Energy management;
- Project management;
- Subcontractor management;
- Procurement standards and processes;
- Facility management support systems;
- Performance management;
- Life cycle management.
- Works closely with the leaders of each campus to ensure a consistent partnership between Operations and Facilities.
- Assures the environment is safe, secure and effectively meeting the needs of operations and continually ready to exceed all regulatory requirements.
- Builds capabilities within Facilities Management by coaching, developing, evaluating and mentoring team members all while promoting professional development and ensuring strong staff engagement and retention.
- Negotiates vendor contracts and maintains positive and effective relationships with all vendors.
- Improves facility operating costs while maintaining high performance and high customer satisfaction.
- Ensures appropriate biomedical programs and monitors are in place, and all equipment is inventoried and managed.
- Leads and reinforces a culture of service within all facility services, annually developing and achieving service goals and targets.
- Serves on appropriate medical, technology, and safety committees.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in multi-department management, or ten (10) in a supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrated experience managing facilities in a complex, multi-site organization. Hospital or healthcare facility operations experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in process improvement methodology.
- Previous experience leading the start-up and activation of large facilities into the System.
- Facilities management experience at companies of scale and known for having best-in-class operations
- Proven operational leadership experience leading a sophisticated organization recognized for its advanced and flexible facilities practices.
- Deep and proven experience working in businesses requiring an exceptionally high level of business and financial acumen. Understands the drivers for cost control.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facilities or Security Management or a related area is required. Master's degree in Business Administration or related discipline is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA regulations, Joint Commission standards, FDA and other applicable State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, theories and practices of facility operations and management; design and construction management; terms and negotiations; and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Excellent project management, financial analysis, and strategic planning skills, as well as effective communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses a deep appreciation for customer service.
- Team builder and leadership developer with proven ability to attract, develop, motivate, retain, and lead a high-performing team of professionals.
- Demonstrates the ability to see the enterprise as a set of interdependent, interacting groups focused on effectively and efficiently meeting patient and employee needs.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of business process, design techniques that encourage a critical look at key processes that focus on optimizing organization performance.
- Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively across all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to drive results across the facilities department. Ensures the right people and rocesses are in place to produce and maintain excellent business results.
- Track record of achieving high performance by setting challenging goals and making decisions based on sound judgment and business fundamentals.
- Understands industry best practices and utilizes this knowledge to benchmark and drive performance metrics that are correlated with success, while holding a leadership team strictly accountable for results.
- Able operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with high expectations to produce results.
- Works productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty.
- Adapts leadership skills to meet the changing demands of a situation.
- Creates an environment of open communication.
- Effectively leads change to align with the strategy to improve performance.
- Drives highly complex, cross-organizational initiatives through the influencing of and negotiation with stakeholders who at times may hold competing points of view.
- Develops trusted relationships with senior clinical and non-clinical leaders.
- Excellent executive level written, verbal, interpersonal, and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrates poise and self-control, establishes credibility, deals diplomatically with conflict, and instills a sense of trust and confidence in others.
- Demonstrates a high level of drive balanced with an equal amount of self-discipline.
- Demonstrated political acumen and the necessary skills to orchestrate, optimize, and constructively balance the interests of diverse stakeholders.
- Commits to excellence and high quality. A role model of personal and professional integrity.