The Vice President, ESG, will work in partnership with the Global Communications team and other business stakeholders to develop, operationalize and publicize WW’s ESG strategies and initiatives. This is a new position charged with the responsibility of creating a vital program at WW from the ground up, and to connect our ESG work with our stated purpose -- “to inspire healthy habits for real life - for people, families, communities, the world -- for everyone.” This individual will report directly to the Chief Communications Officer and partner with C-Level executives nationally and globally.
- Develop, lead, execute and articulate WW’s cohesive ESG strategy in conjunction with WW’s senior leadership team and other business or program owners.
- Coordinate and incorporate WW’s existing ESG initiatives into one unified program.
- Work in partnership with the US Communications team to internally and externally publicize WW’s ESG initiatives.
- Monitor, advocate for, and innovate around new social and environmental legislation and regulations.
- Serve as an advocate for WW’s ESG program with government agencies and media outlets.
- Lead reporting and benchmarking analysis of WW’s ESG program both internally and externally.
- Create success metrics and use fact-based methods in order to evaluate and improve WW’s ESG program.
- 10-15 years of experience in working in the ESG / Public Affairs space, specifically in developing and executing new ESG initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields.
- Prior experience in publicly traded companies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead external and internal partners to ideate strategically and execute quickly, effectively and consistently in a fast-paced business environment.
- Well-established relationships with various media outlets and/or government agencies.
- Demonstrated confidence and ability to present to C-Suite executives.
- Superior communication (oral and written, including editing) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage change and shift gears comfortably.
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.