Vice President, Enterprise Business Development
Summary of This Role
Generates revenue through sales to new enterprise accounts within a geographic area or market. Collects information to better understand business issues, problems, and opportunities and to identify sales prospects. Prepares quantitative, qualitative, and financial data for use in pricing and sales presentations. Ensures sales plans and key account strategies are implemented and sales/financial goals are obtained.
What Part Will You Play?
- With significant support from internal resources and leadership, researches target prospects and develops pipeline in the assigned territory or with assigned accounts for new sales. Identifies business opportunities, conducts cold calls and determines which relationships to nurture. Typically leads the work of enterprise customers with $20MM+ in processing volume.
- Acts as a front line sales person. Seeks support internally in order to effectively nurture old and new relationships, to execute and create the cold call plan, and to establish the relationship plan for new and existing business. Develops an understanding of the territory, conducts sufficient research, determines the appropriate timing for the client contact and determines the appropriate contacts for prospects.
- Creates, maintains and sustains Strategic Sales Plan (SSP) for identified top prospects in assigned area or accounts. Is responsible for closing the sale. Needs general guidance for closing deals and identifies internal resources for assistance with SSP.
- Creates the solution design plan. Sizes the work needed for the conversion and helps client understand the work effort for the transition. Assesses the customer's business and reviews solution design options with the client, considering the client's vision, goal, objectives, pain points and target state and makes recommendations for the solution. Requires minimal amount of support for enterprise prospects.
- Creates and modifies the sales project plan with the intent to close the sale. Conducts stage assessments from time to time. Identifies and orchestrates the correct internal resources, such as pricing, IT, implementation, etc. to meet with the client at the appropriate time based on the objectives of the client. Conducts ongoing communication with various internal groups regarding the client and makes request for assistance with the sales project plan as needed.
- Understands the dynamics of the industry, is knowledgeable regarding key trends in the market and discusses with clients current product offering and developing products, including mobile app developments, chip cards, etc. Conducts consultative thought leadership with prospects and helps client with possible solution design.
- Supports the negotiation of the master agreements and service level agreements.
- Manages the sales presentation and sales process, including identifying the objectives of the meeting, setting the agenda, and following-up on action items, as needed. Identifies internal resources to attend the meeting with the prospect to assist with questions, etc.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- 5+ years’ experience in the acquiring, payment processing industry, selling to enterprise customers with $20MM+ in processing volume is REQUIRED.
- Proven sales history of enterprise sales, or financial institution partner sales, and/or association sales.
- Demonstrated success in sales and achieving goals for the organization.
- Strong business development acumen, sophisticated hunter abilities.
- Proven impact player, highly self-motivated, who understands the payment processing industry.
- Top-notch communications, both verbal and in writing. Well-honed presentation skills.
- Ability to embrace software applications, speaks to technology, and be proficient in standard business/Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Effectively manage CRM or similar salesforce tools.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a sub-function, account or matrix management responsibilities, applies knowledge to meet goals, maintain relationships, propose opportunities to expand the business, and lead matrix teams. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Builds on/Maintains external relationships of assigned accounts.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to close a deal
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills/Building Relationships - Orchestrate work across internal and external teams
- Presentation Skills - Present sales presentation and sales process to client