The VP, Enterprise Architecture & Strategy helps set RA's IT vision and direction, and is responsible for building a high-performance organization, championing change and building strategic partnerships with business leaders, colleagues, suppliers and clients. The position is accountable for aligning the company’s strategic roadmaps / initiatives to the information technology strategy and architecture, ensuring alignment of the IT portfolio of projects and IT investment planning and prioritization and demonstrating RA products and services for the connected enterprise within RA manufacturing locations and in the Customer Experience Center.
IT infrastructure & applications simplification and EA alignment, champion and lead “Rockwell for Rockwell” pilot development and management to help showcase Rockwell products and services in Rockwell facilities,.
This executive will be responsible for working closely with each BU on new technology products & pilot implementation strategies demonstrating the connected enterprise capabilities internally and externally.
About the Rockwell on Rockwell (RfR)
- The mission for the RfR team is to be the “First and Best Customer” of Rockwell Products used within RA, including the demonstration of the Connected Enterprise Capabilities – delivering POC’s and showcasing for external customers
- They work directly with our RA Product Teams, manufacturing, IT Business Partnering and Data/Analytics & Insights and the executive team for meaningful POC’s.
- They test IT solutions and connectivity to OT demonstrating features / capabilities of the connected enterprise and are responsible for finding the bugs, platform integration issues and working with product teams to find solutions before customer deployment
- They interface with all internal teams (GSM, customer support, solutions business and customers to help match internal IT capabilities and connected enterprise capabilities to customer problems and integrating IT with OT,
- The leaders on this team participate / present, in collaboration with customer facing organizations the RfR Connected Enterprise story in customer on-site visits. They will also play active roles presenting at our annual Automation Fair and Tech Ed customer conferences.
- In addition to Rockwell products, this team also utilizes external IT services / solutions and partnerships to extend to other platforms and cloud offerings such as Azure, Amazon and Hadoop/cloudera, SAP, etc. to demonstrate solutions for a varied customer base with diverse IT architectures.
- Provides technical due diligence leadership for M&A activities and actively convergences acquired assets into RA governed structure. Also works closely with the deal pursuit teams to ensure integration technical strategy, costs and timelines are well represented in deal models.
- Promotion and delivery of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows. Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies.
- Be accountable to produce consumable insights based on the architectural data collected and illustrating the level of alignment of technology strategy and business strategy.
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded, business and technology leader who can partner effectively across all business units and with key customers to drive large-scale, global initiatives. The VP, Enterprise Architecture & Strategy will ideally have a combination of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. MBA or higher technical degreepreferred.
- 12+ years of technical service-oriented architecture, product build and delivery experience, and deep knowledge of cloud technologies
- Change leadership and organizational transformation experience.
- Prior success leading technical organizations through the development and execution of business and technology focused strategies.
- Proven experience managing successful vendor relationships, internal customer relationships and managing acquisition of relevant technology and resources.
- Leadership experience in complex, global matrix-structure organizations preferred.
- Strong business acumen and portfolio planning and prioritization
- Previous experience as a CTO helpful and preferred
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills necessary for interaction with business leaders and teams across all levels of the organization.
- Superb influencing skills and the ability to navigate through the complexities of a large, global organization, break down barriers and help drive change.
- Superior organizational skills and an affinity for detail. Able to simultaneously manage multiple, mission-critical projects and the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to personally solve problems, give feedback, manage others, and take decisive action.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and effective working relationships, particularly with non-IT associates in multi-unit companies.
- Proven and effective project management of large and small-scale technology projects.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead people who do not report directly through influence and collaboration.
- Strong business judgment, analytical acumen, and communication skills are essential.
- Strong leadership skills, marked by poise, positive influence, and the ability to drive change. Experienced at building strong teams
- Strong team builder and leader. Coaching skills: the ability to develop one’s direct reports.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and develop a superior team and establish clear definition of functional excellence.
- Maintains absolute integrity, tact, sensitivity, and confidentiality, both personally and among staff members
- Provides a balance of high IQ with high emotional intelligence (EQ). Comes across as an empathetic leader that can connect with all levels of the organization.
- Significant energy and ability to function in an intense environment.
- Values and build relationships, collaborates across functions.
- A mature and focused character, able to work alongside the top team.
- Open-minded, not rigid.
- Comfortable with risk, not risk averse.
- Positions IT as a business partner and driver
- Develops others, empowers and leads people.
- Not conflict averse, but collaborative in nature.
- Results- and achievement-oriented.
- Results driven, determined to achieve agreed goals, demonstrates significant decision-making capacity.
- Engaging, open, genuine style that naturally encourages interaction with individuals at all levels.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit; acts with precision and speed.
- Diligent, disciplined, reliable and always strives for the highest of technical quality.
- Balances conceptual and tactical requirements of the role.