Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Enterprise ArchitectureOverview:
-The primary role of an Enterprise Architect is to develop and promote the company's target enterprise architecture and business processes, which must be designed to support and enable the corporate business strategies.
- Our Enterprise Architects work with business and IT decision makers to influence how IT plans and executes change on behalf of the business. Lead aspects of the Enterprise Architecture team for Mastercard Operations and Technology (O&T) include, managing a wide variety of IT and business services and ensuring that the direction of O&T is aligned with the business.
• Resource and Skill Management- Lead a team of senior consultants and consultants.
• Creates a compelling vision that breaks new ground; constantly communicates the strategic vision and is a role model for energizing others to work towards the visions.
• Career Development of team.
• Create the future state business/technology architecture through business alignment and IT strategies.
• Identify and validate the business value of new and emerging technologies.
• Ensure standards for technology components such as networking, security and operating systems are developed, communicated and refreshed.
• Key activities include architecture assessments and recommendations on new initiatives.
• Support the RFI/RFP process by confirming or defining the business, information, technology and solution architecture model.
• Own the architecture oversight processes which influence best practice, track and manage architecture issues and their corresponding exceptions or corrective action plans.
• Lead and/or support project teams in the conceptualization and design detailed solutions that enable the project/solution to meet its organizational business objectives.
• Develop and communicate best practices around predefined architectural patterns, proven for use in particular business and/or technology domain, together with supporting artifacts to enable their use.
All About You
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business.
• Advanced degrees preferred
• Related industry experience (IT, Banking, Financial, Payments)
• Advanced experience in an Enterprise Architecture capacity within a large company
• Strength in all domains across the enterprise with deep expertise in 2 or more business technology domains
• Experience leveraging a variety of frameworks and methods to develop and promote architecture.
• Experience driving strategic alignment of IT with the business.
• Experience creating a common architecture vision with IT and line of business leaders.
• Experience defining processes for IT governance.
• Demonstrated ability to develop technology strategies that support IT and business strategies
• Experience identifying, analyzing, and proposing IT investment opportunities.
• Experience in the discovery, analysis, and application of industry trends.
• Experience mentoring team members and influencing executive management.
• Experience facilitating and leading cross functional teams.
• Experience identifying, analyzing
• Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts in verbal and written, and visual forms
• Ability to translate technical information into business language and concepts
• Ability to effectively collaborate in a geographically distributed environment