Vice President, Engineering
Since 1997, ProPay has provided simple, secure and affordable payment solutions for organizations ranging from small, home-based entrepreneurships to multi-billion-dollar enterprises requiring complex payment solutions. ProPay’s platform provides software integrators, payment facilitators and SaaS providers with all the tools necessary to easily implement payments processing.
What Part Will You Play?
- As VP of Engineering, you’ll work closely with our leadership team to build a world-class engineering group. You’ll be a “player-coach,” focused on attracting and developing engineering talent, but also staying hands-on in the technology to oversee the development of an outstanding product and customer experience.
- The successful candidate will be a seasoned technology executive able to work effectively with technologists and business executives alike. You’ll have a proven track record of building and scaling engineering organizations.
- Working cross functionally with a broad set of partners, you will apply keen technical understanding, appreciation for simplicity, quality, and critical thinking. Your leadership will be instrumental in driving organizational change as we move the team to a more agile development framework that enables faster time to value across our product portfolio.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Hire, mentor, develop and retain top-notch engineering talent.
- Create effective full-stack software development teams focused on the nimble delivery of value for our customers.
- Inspired by industry best practices and sound principles, drive constant innovation through Architecture, Database, Engineering, and DevOps teams.
- With a focus on pragmatism and simplicity, understand the trade-offs between performance, scale, and business value.
- Build a collaborative, transparent culture of trust where team members are empowered and inspired to do their best work, and drive learning and employee advancement.
- Collaborate closely with the executive team as well as cross-functional teams to deliver great products and solve customer problems as needed.
- Support the product team and planning process to deliver great products and ensure all deadlines and needs of the business are being met.
- Maintain and improve agileprocesses collaboratively with the teams and enable new development techniques or processes to reduce complexity, promote quality, and increase velocity.
- Oversee Technical Operations and Service Desk teams.
- Help engineers grow in their own career paths, learning new technologies and tackling increasingly challenging projects.
- Drive efficiency in your teams by eliminating blocks and focusing efforts on tooling, continuous integration/delivery and maintainable automation testing.
- Foster a culture of operational excellence in your teams through real time monitoring and alerting.
- Create and support a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Able to coordinate the development of cross-team features between engineering teams, product managers and our technical operations team.
- MUST have 7+ years of experience in software development management.
- 3+ years as a Director of Engineering or above with a span of control at or above 20 engineers.
- A strong background in object-oriented programming- Java, C#, Objective-C or C++.
- Experience with database technologies - SQL, database design, message-oriented-middleware, caching, and systems integration.
- Hands on experience implementing scalable software platforms.
- Comfortable overseeing Technical Operations and ServiceDesk functions.
- Experience contributing to establishment of Software Configuration Management practices.
- Experience mentoring new managers on building productive engineering teams.
- Establishing and/or managing DevOps cultures and supporting roles.
- Experience with designing, building and deploying secure, scalable services in the SaaS environments.
- Fluency in Agile or Lean software practices.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.