We are looking for a Vice President to join our engineering leadership team. RetailMeNot helps over 40 million monthly visitors save money and discover great deals at their favorite retailers using our websites and mobile applications. The teams you will lead are critical to delivering that experience.
As a Vice President, you will be responsible for an organization of multiple software engineering teams comprising 40-50 software engineers, UI engineers, and quality engineers. Your direct leadership team will include engineering managers and directors. You will act as a partner to leaders in our product, design, marketing, and operations to foster a collaborative environment and focus on delivering business value from your teams.
Your will also focus on building, engaging, and growing your team through activities like recruiting, performance management, mentoring, talent development, team organization, and communication and reinforcement of the connection between the team's work and our company objectives.
In our engineering leadership team, we also work on projects that are broader then our immediate teams. You will have the opportunity to impact our entire engineering organization on these projects.
Who You Are
- You are excited to lead teams working on web scale systems
- You have great technical savvy and intuition and coach your team to make good technical decisions
- You're a leader who cares about your team members and invests in their growth
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent self-study
- You have 8+ years experience in engineering leadership
- You have 2+ years experience leading 30+ person organizations with management support
- You have experience with 2+ of the following: P&L management, workforce planning, cost capitalization, contract negotiations, and/or vendor management.
- You are passionate about building and mentoring high performing engineering teams
- You have great communication and teamwork skills
What You'll Do
- Inspire, lead, and develop teams of software engineers who are building innovative solutions that will improve how consumers save money when shopping
- Mentor directors and managers and guide them to achieve their career goals
- Define OKRs with Product Management and other partners to set goals for the engineering team
- Work in strong partnership with senior product leaders to define and drive execution of the product roadmap
- Implement reliable and efficient processes to accelerate development and improve quality
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy.