The VP of Platform Engineering leads all core services, platforms, and operations that support the Apptio portfolio of applications. This is a very high-profile position that actively participates to the product strategy and technical direction of the company.
- Proven track record leading multiple teams delivering and operating modern SaaS solutions for enterprise customers leveraging cutting edge cloud services
- Experience with high scalability, availability, and security domains
- Champion for operational simplicity
- Referenceable management and leadership experience across groups of at least 75 people in multiple locations
- Demonstrable depth in technology and an ability to contribute to low level software designs and architecture decisions
- Current in technology trends, knowledge, and experience relevant to Apptio:
- Java or C++
- Cloud service offerings from AWS, Azure, and leading CMPs
- Large scale, service-oriented, distributed systems
- Multi-dimensional analytic systems and OLAP
- Database technology, both SQL and NoSQL
- Concurrent and multi-threading programming models
- Familiarity with web frameworks such as react.js
- Enthusiasm for Agile software development in a DevOps culture
- Passion and experience in mentoring and recruiting/team building
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- M.S. degree or B.S. with significant relevant experience required.
- Collaboratively develop the strategy, architecture, and product plans while leading the teams that design, deliver, and operate both "backend" and "customer facing" systems to power the Apptio business.
- Recruit, motivate, retain, and enhance top notch, globally based, engineering/devops teams
- Continuously improve the quality of service, level of automation, and cost structure of Apptio's offerings
- Establish headroom and determinism around overall performance, scalability, and extensibility of the end-to-end Apptio system
- Interact with Customers directly to collect requirements, manage expectations, and resolve issues