The Vice President, E&S Property position will provide assistance to the Regional VP, Property Manager in the development of the firm's property insurance business.
- Under the guidance of the RVP, and within the company guidelines, develop a profitable book of property insurance business for US domiciled upper middle market and middle market accounts within the region.
- Create business plans in collaboration with our Distribution division to achieve targeted production with identified key wholesale brokers. Identify occupancy classes to be targeted with these producers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with approved wholesale brokers, including but not limited to travels within the region, prepare and deliver presentations, training on our new products.
- Underwrite, maintain, and grow a profitable book of business in the non-admitted property market with wholesale brokers. This includes evaluate and prioritize submissions; analyze exposure, coverage requests; determine acceptable deployment of gross and net capacity, determine pricing and negotiate the final property insurance product on an account basis. Monitor his/her portfolio metrics.
- Identify business opportunities to differentiate the company and assist the Regional Property Manager and the Property Operations manager into their development.
- Must have well developed active listening, problem solving mindset and interpersonal skills for developing and strengthening broker relationships.
- Strong communications skill, business writing and oral presentation skills must be excellent.
- Must have well developed business acumen to understand performance metrics, develop and implement profitable growth strategy within his/her dedicated territory
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Sound technology capabilities in Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and ability to use and manipulate data.
- Knowledge of of CAT Modeling parameters (PML, AAL, data quality) to assess an account and a portfolio exposure and calculate a cat rate.
- Understand the key elements of risk selection and risk assessment, can develop loss estimates, develop and negotiate a risk mitigation plan based on survey reports and place facultative reinsurance when necessary.
- Additional industry-specific study or designations (such as CPCU & ARM) are a plus.
- 8 to 10 years of property experience handling upper middle market and middle market property accounts. This should include at least 5 years at a non-admitted carrier as an underwriter.
- Bachelor's degree (ideally with a degree/major in Economics, Business, Risk-management or Engineering).