The Vice President, E-Commerce & Distribution, is responsible for maximizing revenue for Motel 6/Studio 6 through voice, internet and all electronic channels (Online Travel Agencies; Global Distribution Systems and Internet Distribution Systems) that distribute lodging product to business and leisure customers purchasing travel worldwide. The position is purposed to drive the right customer to the right channel through technology, innovation, optimization and integration with other revenue initiatives.
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions set forth below with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Internet and E-Commerce:
- Facilitates/influences search, booking and buying process to increase brand revenues through the deployment of products/services via brand websites.
- Responsible for customer experience/web usability methodologies and tracking/communication of effectiveness of various product/service launches
- Manage the relationship with G6 Hospitality Information Technology to identify opportunities/challenges to improve service levels and offerings to the online customer. Involves IT in all strategic planning and is engaged with IT via Marketing/IT steering committees.
- Assures that brands are competitive in the online marketplace with direct competitors and are present on emerging technologies for the consumer.
- Directs strategic direction of partnership with Third Party distribution (Affiliate networks, META engines, Online Travel Agencies)
- Distribution Analytics:
- Devise methods and tools for collecting, processing and reporting statistical information for measuring effectiveness of all distribution channels and initiatives.
- Manages all information and assures that the statistics and trends are provided on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis to G6 Hospitality and G6 Hospitality Worldwide
- Responsible for identifying trends of customer purchasing behavior for distribution channels for company brands as well as for lodging industry. Assures access to various research sources and attends industry events, as needed.
- Search Marketing/Optimization/Online Marketing Initiatives
- Directs outside agency for managing online marketing initiatives including but not limited to brand website promotions, My6 program and initiatives, e-mail campaigns, property content support (videos/pictures), and special surveys
- Directs strategy for search engine optimization and marketing via outside specialty agency to assure that brands are maximizing opportunities through the critical search engine paths. Ensures that brand websites are optimized for search engines through frequent changes to content, link strategies, etc for national and local search.
- Documents all tracking and production that results from all online marketing initiatives
- Database Management:
- Assures that all property information , floor plans, rates, pictures, videos are current in all distribution channels for all locations
- Manages coordination between CRS and Database team to assure that voice agents have the most efficient presentation of property database information on sales tools
- Directs all content and database feeds to search engines, affiliates, Brand.com sites, and other marketing platforms as needed
- Responsible for the build of new locations on a timely manner as new properties are added to system
- Lead and manage team and 4 direct reports by training, coaching, mentoring and encouraging collaborative planning and execution
- Job Requirements:
- Strong leadership, program management and verbal/written communications skills
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and apply the implications of brand strategy to the distribution initiatives and programs.
- Ability to guide and motivate a group and provide the vision and roles for a team in order to achieve defined objectives.
- Ability to be a Change Agent
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and manage multi-departmental budgets
- Function in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to travel for meetings with customers, vendors, other Team Members, and/or other business necessitiesMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent job experience
- 10+ years in the hospitality industry and a minimum of 5 years in multi-hotel/brand responsibility
- Minimum of 5 years in distribution services related role with a foundation of IT/Marketing experience
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Must have the ability to travel monthly, at a minimum