The Vice President-Diversity & Inclusion will be responsible for advancing and evolving our Diversity & Inclusion vision, strategy and initiatives in a manner that advances the company’s business objectives.
Community Health Systems ("CHSPSC, LLC") is one of the leading operators of general acute care hospitals. The organization's affiliates own, operate, or lease hospitals in 16 states, with an aggregate of approximately 21,000 licensed beds. The consolidated organization owns and leases community hospitals that offer quality, cost-effective healthcare including a range of inpatient medical and surgical services, outpatient treatment and skilled nursing care. In over 60 percent of the markets served, CHS-affiliated hospitals are the sole provider of healthcare services.
CHSPSC, LLC seeks a Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion for its Franklin, TN, headquarters’ Human Resources team.
The Vice President-Diversity & Inclusion will be responsible for advancing and evolving our Diversity & Inclusion vision, strategy and initiatives in a manner that advances the company’s business objectives. Reporting to the CHSPSC, LLC Senior Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer, this person will help shape and sustain an inclusive and equitable culture as a member of our leadership team. The successful candidate will be a leader with the business acumen, subject matter expertise in diversity and inclusion, and the know-how to influence, create, implement and sustain our diverse and growing organization.
The Vice President-D&I must be an effective and results driven leader with excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills along with strong problem-solving, decision-making ability and a business focus. The VP-D&I must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage competing priorities daily. The VP-D&I must have exceptional leadership, interpersonal and relationship building skills and must be able to consult with and advise the executive team, hospital leadership teams, HR team, other leaders and associates at all levels throughout the organization. The person in this role must have the ability to use discretion and good judgment in handling confidential information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Expand upon the vision, direction and execution of overall diversity and inclusion strategy and road map for CHS affiliated entities, including training, education, engagement and program development.
- Partner with leadership and Human Resources teams, as well as associates throughout the organization to further develop a comprehensive diversity and inclusion strategy that is aligned with the company’s long-term strategic objectives and prioritizes initiatives accordingly.
- Leverage resources, insight, know-how, relationships and data to ensure involvement, support and success for diversity and inclusion initiatives. Provide leadership and strategy in further designing and building CHS’ reputation and employment brand with a focus on attracting and maintaining a diverse employee population.
- Enhance company culture by promoting the company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, diversity and inclusion in business processes and programs, including hiring, development, retention, promotions, compensation, customer-focused initiatives, supplier diversity, and community relations efforts.
- Help develop and implement a recruitment strategy aimed at attracting a diverse pool of candidates through relationships with various colleges and universities.
- Develop and promote educational programs to lead departments, teams and individuals to a greater understanding of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Keep abreast of emergent issues of diversity and inclusion and nondiscrimination in employee/patient access within the organization and the communities we serve.
- Identify and develop partnerships with outside speakers, experts and other resources to continue to promote the diversity and inclusion strategy for the organization.
- Work collaboratively with Human Resources and the Corporate Communications teams to enhance both internal and external branding for equal employment opportunity, diversity and inclusion.
- Facilitate and share best practices for enhancing CHS’ diversity and inclusion efforts and progress with best-in-class organizations.
- Demonstrate accountability, progress and improvement by; regularly measuring effectiveness and communicating success.
- Able to prioritize multiple initiatives based on business objectives, manage a budget and drive initiatives to completion.
- Work with leadership and Human Resources teams to articulate diversity and inclusion efforts in the context of the company’s overall business strategy.
- Be able to play a cross-functional leadership role on other Human Resources initiatives.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Five to ten years of diversity and inclusion leadership within a healthcare setting.
- Experience designing, implementing and sustaining key company initiatives in a complex organization.
- Capable of directly advising and influencing the Board of Directors and senior leadership on D&I.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate a large, complex multi-state organization and demonstrated ability to influence in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include written, oral, listening, synthesizing and presenting along with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Proven track record of facilitating D&I while also driving business objectives.
- Ability to deliver high-quality diversity and inclusion initiatives that achieved success. Demonstrated aptitude for infusing diversity and inclusion practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity laws.
- Partner with leadership and Human Resources teams to develop a comprehensive diversity and inclusion strategy aligned with the company’s long-term strategic objectives.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with others.
- Proven leadership in strategic planning, program design, execution and sustainability.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate partnerships with and between company and community constituencies.
- Awareness of global, national and regional trends around diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated budget development and oversight experience along with ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines while handling a demanding workload. Must be both a strategic leader and a tactical worker.
- A strong work ethic, with a results-oriented philosophy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications, Google Email/docs and virtual technology.
KEY BUSINESS PARTNERS:
- Executive Leadership Team Members (CEO, President & COO, SVP & CHRO, EVP & General Counsel, Executive VP & CFO, SVP Finance, Corporate Communications, President & Chief Medical Officer, Supply Chain (CPO))
- Vice President of Investor Relations
- Vice President, Talent Management
- Regional Human Resources Directors and local Human Resources Directors
- Regional Presidents