POSITION SUMMARY/STRATEGIC ROLE
The Technology candidate is responsible for the technology department that has been established to design, develop, implement, enhance and maintain the Multi Dimensional Digital Economy Application System (MDDEAS) in coordination with the top 12-technology firms of the world. The MDDEAS consists of (but not limited to) platforms for e-commerce, e-finance, e-insurance and e-logistics.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and assist with the development of business strategies and translate them to a technology agenda.
- Drive the execution of the technology agenda through the group and it partners, including technology, finance and insurance gateways to the core MDDEAS technology.
- Assure the governance of the technology organization in compliance with policies and procedures for global operations excellence and in compliance with international industry and governing organizations.
- Hire and/or acquire and manage senior technology executives and core in-house technology staff to build, deploy, operate, maintain and enhance MDDEAS in accordance with best technology practices and a professional knowledge of logistics best practices.
- Identify, negotiate and manage the strategic and tactical technology outsourcing services required to meet the needs for efficiency, capability, scalability and cost effectiveness.
- Consult with senior executives to analyze potential projects, determine the scope and priorities of projects within areas of the senior executives’ areas of responsibility and serve in the capacity as the final step in problem resolution for technology development, deployment and service management issues.
- Provide leadership in the identification and acceleration of methods, products, services and technology development/deployment that grow revenue and profits.
Qualification & Experience
- B.S./M.S./PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree. MBA or other relevant advanced business degree is also preferred.
- Minimum 15years of experience in global technology platform deployment and operation, international business, and multi-cultural staff management.
- Proven track record in the management of technology development organizations.
- Extensive experience in international logistics, supply chain, transportation, e-commerce and related technology implementations such as ERP and CRM.
- Demonstrable experience with the development and deployment of cross-industry business solutions including financial services and government.
- Broad knowledge of standard and emerging technology development tools and processes, Open Source, web-based environments and emerging technologies, including cloud computing and global mobility.
- Certification by and on-going participation in global IT service and professional associations that contribute to the advance of technology and business solutions in fast-changing technology environments.
- Track record of increasing responsibility for complex technology development and management in the capacity of CIO and other related IT and operations management positions.
- Thought leadership / innovative use of emerging technologies in achieving business service innovation and paradigm breakthrough.
The candidate’s Executive qualifications include:
- Deep understanding of technology and its application to business processes in logistics and finance.
- Large scale technology deployment and management of complex, integrated business systems.
- Demonstrable organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to inspire confidence and trust.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to all audiences.
- Significant international experience.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of technology providers.
- Sound judgment and strong work ethic.