At CNO, success is earned.
We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. And, we'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences. The pace is fast, you'll work hard, and you'll see results.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you.
Vice President, Director of Fixed Income Research
Responsible for directing fixed income research activities that are primarily based on fundamental analyses or fundamental approaches. Assists in developing fixed income investment strategy with the CIO & senior portfolio managers.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing team which monitors portfolio positions and assess developments that impact our existing general account investments
- Manage, recruit, and develop team of credit analysts
- Conduct relative value and fundamental credit analysis in an insurance portfolio environment
- Lead research on new potential investment ideas and determine their suitability for portfolios
- Perform general industry coverage
- Contribute to overall investment and asset allocation strategy based on considered views of economic and industry fundamentals
- Managing the research budget and external sources of research
- Lead role in architecture of systems and data services provided to team of credit analysts
- Perceptive ongoing evaluation of pertinent securities markets and macro-economic trends and developments
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent analytic skills and practice of independent thinking
- Aptitude with various credit analysis systems
- Demonstrated capacity to identify and evaluate key aspects and crucial details of research subject before reaching a conclusion
- Drive to explore circumstances, events, and people as they may affect either the fixed income markets broadly or specific investment opportunities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively, prioritize and multi-task within in a team-oriented, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability in identification and implementation of process and systems improvements
- Ability to develop and refine complex financial models, analytical processes and methodologies environment among the Research Team
- Strong decision making and consensus building skills required in the asset selection process
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while investment recommendations are reviewed and challenged by other Research Team members
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- CFA preferred
- 5+ years of leadership experience in high yield or loan credit analysis inclusive of covenant and capital structure drivers