TD Asset Management Inc. is one of Canada’s largest investment management firms offering an ever-expanding suite of investment management solutions.
TDAM’s flexible suite of investment management solutions has been specially designed to meet the needs of institutional investors including pension funds, corporations, endowments, foundations as well as accounts for high net worth and retailinvestors.
In addition to domestic and global equity and fixed income domestic products, we also offer cash management, transition management, portable alpha strategies, hedge funds, asset mix rebalancing services and passive currency overlay strategies.
The Vice President & Director, ETF Product will be responsible for collaborating with other product and development leads to expand the existing ETF suite. The successful candidate will act as a subject matter expert on all things related to passive, quantitative and active ETF products. This leadership role is responsible the management and development of the ETF product suite including pricing, positioning, research and support.
- Lead the ETF Product management team in the development and maintenance of a robust ETF suite
- Support the education of ETF operational aspects to internal stakeholders
- Build out a long term roadmap for ETF product launches taking into account existing product suites, advisor needs and TDAM core capabilities
- Synthesize product, competitive and industry research and analysis to promote the development of new product concepts
- Define and build the business case for new product development initiatives through assembling fact-based arguments and developing compelling presentations to senior management
- Partner with other members of the Product team to ensure successful launch of new ETFs
- Meet with internal and external stakeholders to identify product gaps
- Act as key point of contact with market participants
- Understand the needs of the client and advisors as well as the nuances between different saleschannels
- Understand how the product offering fits within an advisors portfolioconstruction process
- Occasionally present to advisors, sales team and clients on the investment strategy and positioning of key products
- The following interactions constitute an integral part of this position:
- Direct report to the Managing Director, Product & Strategy
- Executives, relationship managers and otherinvestment professionals across TD Wealth.
- Collaborate with internal partners including Business Management and Solutions, Strategic Initiatives, Product Management, Product Design, Portfolio Management, Client Portfolio Managers, Sales, Legal, Sales Strategy and Communications, Finance, Compliance, Operations and Marketing
- Authorized Market Participants
- Minimum 10years of related industry experience with at least 5years of experience in a strategy or product management/development function within the asset management industry
- Strong understanding of ETF industry
- Demonstrated business acumen and sound judgment when deciding among multiple alternatives, including the ability to identify key issues
- Ability to lead and conduct business analyses, including financial, product portfolio, market and competitive analyses; experience in identifying relevant sources of data and collecting such data from public and private sources
- Knowledge of mutual funds, segregated funds, and otherinvestment product related vehicles including a knowledge of major investment strategies and styles employed by fixed income and equityportfolio managers
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving and quantitative skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, with an ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills in interacting with various stakeholders within the firm, other members of the product team and senior executives
- A working knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues
- A working knowledge of fund accounting and performance/portfolioreporting principles
- Organizational awareness – knowing who or where to best engage to deal with issues/initiatives.
- Results-oriented self-starter with an ability to execute and complete deliverables in a timely manner
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize many projects simultaneously
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Comfortable speaking in front of audiences
- Strong leadership
- Must be willing to travel occasionally
- CFA/MBA preferred