TD Asset Management is a leading North American investment manager offering progressive investment solutions to both institutional and individual investors. For over two decades, the organization has established competitive market positions in active, quantitative and passive portfolio management. This offering has expanded to include alternative investments and portfolio integration services such as transition management, rebalancing and overlay. TD Asset Management operates in Canada as TD Asset Management Inc. and in the United States as TDAM USA Inc., both of which are wholly-owned subsidiaries of The Toronto-Dominion Bank (“TD Bank).
TD Asset Management seeks to provide its clients with optimal risk-adjusted investment outcomes. A philosophy of continuous search for market inefficiencies benefits clients through a process of rigorous analysis and a highly evolved focus on portfolioconstruction. An understanding of client needs helps ensure that TD Asset Management services remain relevant and that they deliver consistent, desired results.
TD Asset Management has built an integrated investment management platform designed to serve as an extension of their clients’ own business resources, providing greater efficiency. TD Asset Management provides a stable platform with a full range of quality products and services.
The Vice President & Director, Defined Contribution will join a team that provides outstanding relationship management services to TD Asset Management’s institutional client base.
Specifically, the Vice President & Director will focus on developing and managing TD Asset Management’s Defined Contribution practice. In addition to this the Vice President & Director will play an integral role in servicing and growing our institutional relationships with record-keeping partners by working closely with TD Asset Management colleagues in planning and executing strategies that deepen these relationships and prospects. Your success will be measured by your ability to enhance the quality of TD Asset Management’s client relationships and to grow revenues with these clients.
The following are some of the keyresponsibilitiesof the Vice President & Director:
- Lead the development and enhancement of TD Asset Management’s Defined Contribution sales strategy.
- Act as TD Asset Management’s Subject Matter Expert on Defined Contribution product and solutions.
- Provide recommendations to enhance TD Asset Management’s Defined Contribution solution offering that will address the evolving needs of investors.
- Maintain and expand existing institutional client relationships with each major insurance record-keeper in Canada and identify revenue growth opportunities.
- Communicate with Investment Consultants to help build their understanding, respect for and relationships with TD Asset Management.
- Work closely with colleagues to gain a thorough understanding of TD Asset Management’s institutional products, services and investment processes.
- Build a solid, productive working relationship with the Relationship Management, Business Development, Portfolio Management, Product Specialist and Client Service teams.
- Travel will be required.
- At least eight years of financial services experience in an institutional sales, marketing, relationship management or investment consulting environment
- Proven experience developing strategies to grow and retain business within the Defined Contribution marketplace
- A proven track record of success in institutional client management
- Deep understanding and experience with the Defined Contribution marketplace and record-keepers in Canada
- Strong investment acumen and comfort in positioning investment solutions for Defined Contribution plan sponsors and insurance record-keepers
- Understanding of the Canadian and global institutional market place and industry dynamics
- Superior impact and influencing skills
- High degree of interpersonal effectiveness, professionalism, and entrepreneurism
- Experience creating and delivering engaging presentations for clients
- A CFA is required given that the successful candidate will need to qualify for registration as an AssociatePortfolio Manager in order to provide investment advice