Vice President, Digital
As part of a dynamic investment growth strategy, LEWIS is seeking an exceptional Vice President to focus on the organizational and commercial development of its digital marketing capabilities on the East Coast. This is a new position and it is pivotal to the expansion of our US operation. To drive revenue growth, the VP Digital will lead on national and international clients inclusive of LEWIS’ full digital marketing offering (social media, SEM, SEO, display advertising, analytics and creative services). Reporting to the Senior Vice President, NYC, the role will work across national offices. Some travel in the US region will be required, with occasional travel globally.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help grow a business, thrives on challenges and on working in a fast paced, international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing independent global organization.
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in just twenty-two years. We have grown every year since foundation due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our ambition is to break into the top ten by 2020. We have a network of 25 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Not bad for an agency that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
What’s behind our success? Well, we’re independent so we can continually reinvest the majority of our profits in the company to propel development. We invest wisely in growth areas such as our social, digital and content teams. We challenge ourselves to stay one step ahead of the competition by delivering innovative solutions for clients which can be activated at pace and scale.
We are agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited.
Purpose of the role
Client focused, the purpose of this role is to lead our integrated US digital offering across the East Coast, responsible for its profitability, client service, new business and staff development. A key component of this role is the ability to win, lead, retain and grow major accounts by bringing greater creative and digital insights to client pitches, proposals and work.
As part of our integration strategy, the role will work closely with the SVPs leading our East Coast offices. There will also be opportunities on global accounts integrated with our EMEA and APAC teams.
- Build (and retain) a high caliber and motivated team with diverse digital talent on the East Coast
- Expand the digital marketing capabilities (social media marketing, search, analytics, creative and media buying) across the East Coast offices
- Develop strong relationships with clients, providing strategic digital consultancy and initiatives for organic growth
- Ensure the delivery of excellent, consistent service and results to clients
- Drive new business activity, leading credentials and pitches - includes digital-only opportunities as well as fully integrated (PR and digital) opportunities
- Commercial responsibility, including revenue growth and managing expenses
- Champion the cascading of US clients across the global network
- Present a strategic digital face of the agency to external audiences through speaker opportunities, interviews with the media, etc.
- Be a collaborative, encouraging and supportive member of the East Coast senior management team.
- Lend advice/guidance on launching new digital practices, taking the lead on specific launches as required
- Leading a data-driven approach to digital marketing
- Run regional and office training sessions in digital marketing
- Interview potential hires
- Be a US and international ambassador for LEWIS: viewed as a key and networked communications leader.
Highly commercial, driven and with long-term strategic vision, you have experience of recruiting, building and running digital teams within a digital or PR agency. You are an outstanding leader with the skills and aptitude to structure, develop and motivate a strong team, top to bottom. Your business network is strong and you have an impressive track record of winning and developing major blue-chip accounts as well as of retention and organic growth of existing clients. You are comfortable working with large global brands and in presenting to C-suite executives as well as providing strategic account support to clients.
An expert at developing and implementing social media marketing strategies, including organic and paid social media and influencer relations, you also have experience in digital marketing, including paid and organic social media, media buying, creative services, SEO, influencer outreach, analytics and research. Experience in public relations and content marketing/data-driven storytelling is also a plus, as is experience of b2b and/or consumer tech. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing global organization.
- 10-15years digital/integrated comms experience; agency experience a must
- Experience in developing and managing B2C and B2B campaigns; tech sector experiencerequired
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and driving revenue growth; evidence of consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- Experience integrating digital marketing capabilities with public relations, content and broader marketing activities
- High level of business acumen, including successful commercial management
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends and potential pitfalls; and capitalize on opportunity
- Excel at managing and leading ambitious people; a collaborative team builder who is able to instill accountability and empower people to succeed
- Thorough knowledge of finance, operational/information systems, HR
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act, taking unpopular stands when necessary
- Undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree or higher.
Key Senior Internal Contacts
- SVP, New York City – line manager
- Digital VPs on the West Coast – close working relationship with
- VP Client Engagement (Boston)
- SVPs leading Boston, Washington DC, San Francisco, San Diego and future offices
- SVP, US Head of Brand Marketing (San Francisco)
- VPs across the US offices
- VP, Media Strategy (San Francisco)
- Executive Vice President US (San Francisco)
- CEO (San Diego/London)
- Chief of Staff (London)
- Chief Financial Officer (London)