Do you love music, sports, news, talk and entertainment? Have you hoped to find a job leading Digital Marketing in a high-paced entertainment company? This may be what you have been looking for. The VP Digital Marketing and Media role will be a critical member of the marketing team responsible for the leadership, development and management of SiriusXM's digital marketing strategy and corresponding digital marketing plans. The VP will bring innovative customer acquisition ideas to market, driving cost-effective customer acquisition and engagement. The ideal candidate has expertise planning and managing digital marketing campaigns, direct response marketing, and a history of performance based on data-driven insights. Strong leadership and proven acquisition success across digital channels are a must. This role will also oversee all media buying and placement along with digital including: TV, Radio, Print, OOH, OTT etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and drive the acquisition strategy and vision for generating sales across digital channels (online and mobile); craft the strategic vision for SXM's major acquisition and promotional marketing programs, developing the short-, medium-, and long-term roadmaps for these programs to achieve demand and sales objectives.
- Develop cutting edge omni-channel digital plans to execute best-in-class consumer marketing experiences across all touch points; .com, mobile, and social media.
- Lead creative development with innovative and emerging creative solutions to continually test/learn most responsive and effective campaigns.
- Lead partnership with lines of business to develop deeper understanding of customer segments, audience insights and consumer personas; focus on creating 360 degree personalized experiences for our customers.
- Lead and coordinate strategy to grow online, search and mobile sales capabilities via close collaboration with the interactive team to ensure cost efficiencies and performance improvements where paid and organic can be better aligned.
- Manage the execution of acquisition initiatives from idea through launch, while setting and continuously managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Lead digital marketing budgets across social media, display, mobile, affiliates to achieve program KPIs including CPAs.
- Agency management - evaluate current set of agency partners; lead and conduct RFPs to ensure best in class buying, placement and effectiveness; maintain strong knowledge of marketplace trends, solutions and vendors to focus SiriusXM resources on the most effective methods for continually advancing digital marketing capabilities.
- Perform as proactive leader who actively manages all placements to optimize and improve placement daily; understand how media metrics translate to business metrics and drive performance.
- Continuously create and evolve go-to-market plans, along with development of e-commerce-focused partnerships to create a rigorous focus on marketing efficiency, sales effectiveness, business integration and marketing product innovation.
- Curate and manage the pipeline of innovative digital marketing ideas, driving the operational programs needed to expose and sell concepts to the senior leadership team; embrace test-and-learn innovation, ensuring SXM is early to market on emerging digital and social platforms.
- Lead the enterprise social media marketing and social e-commerce agenda across all lines of business; further define social customer experience model and implement a social media center of excellence model that brings together customer care, content/programming and marketing in a way that drives measureable business results.
- Assess effectiveness of social and digital marketing initiatives and investments; influence investment decision makers with formal recommendations and documentation.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional working group, including analytics team, to further define and develop multi-touch attribution and incrementality roadmaps, metrics for success, and test plans for reporting and demonstrating digital effectiveness.
- Build media plans for all business lines within SiriusXM to drive relevant metrics including new channel launches, product line extensions, promotions, and sweepstakes.
- Work closely with business groups, IT, finance, design, legal and other internal teams to deliver acquisition programs.
- Utilize strong analytical skills and instincts to monitor and recommend program success and adjustments in real time. Track, analyze, and inform teams of all program KPIs and performance to goal, and present weekly action-driven plan to impact those drivers.
- This position will manage digital marketing team and agency relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing-related major or equivalent, relevant experience. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years in digital and direct response marketing.
- 10+ years of experience managing online budgets.
- Agency experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate with both marketing and IT teams.
- Comparable/related industry (mainstream subscription services, automotive industry or automotive aftermarket, traditional direct marketing, internet services, entertainment, satellite television, credit card services, or cellular services) preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Expertise in digital media planning, buying and ad operations.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, people management and organizational skills.
- Expertise with digital attribution concepts and practices.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to objectively measure results.
- Superior communication of ideas, documentation of plans and relationship building with business partners.
- Excellent presentation skills from business plans to interim reporting to evaluating programs and campaigns.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to smoothly manage change in direction while remaining organized and goal-oriented.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Expertise with digital media platforms a plus (Facebook, Google, Bing Ads, DSPs).
- Expertise with ad serving and operations, including tag management.
- Proven web analytics skills (Google Analytics and Omniture preferred).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.