This highly visible position will be responsible for operating across the HM Retail portfolio of brands (Design Within Reach, HAY, and Herman Miller retail and ecommerce) ecommerce application development organization. You will focus on providing software engineering services to drive consistent delivery. This role will engage, collaborate and partner with various functional leaders, technical leaders and executive stakeholders to understand long and short term business and digital strategies, provide thought leadership and engage in proactive planning of an executable roadmap. You will lead as the chief enabler responsible for breaking down silos across the application development portfolios and driving consistent engineering practices to improve software quality and time tomarket. You will focus on driving ongoing alignment with the technology leadership and ensuring alignment on technology change with our business partners. You'll partner closely with the Application leaders and Enterprise Architecture leaders to help define our target state architecture and define the software development guiding principles that will align with the target. This is a creative and strategic leadership role, that requires you to be able operate at the 30,000ft level and then dive into the grittiest of details, to ensure we are heading the right direction and delivering a holistic solution. In this role, you will report to the Chief Digital Officer of Herman Miller.
What you'll do:
You'll have opportunities to design, achieve and build relationships every day as you...
- Oversee internal development and integration team, including Salesforce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Netsuite and .Net platforms
- Oversee testing and project management teams to simultaneously manage multiple complex development projects
- Develop organizational design and blueprint to increase overall efficacy of our digital engineering
- Lead platform architecture evolution and drive interconnections of back-office tools with the development teams
- Work closely with design, marketing, strategic planning, hardware and/or software engineering teams to define large scale experiences and platforms.
- Conduct consumer insights, market research & drive rapid concept testing.
- Set technology standards and direct the execution of initiatives from inception through execution
- Ensure systems have high availability and performance
- Reinforce developmental best practices for quality assurance and deployment
- Develop and maintain a network of partners, vendors, and consultants to ensure global-thinking and best-in-class capabilities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to provide status, iterative releases and make design decisions throughout the development life-cycle
- Define key metrics and analytics for measuring the performance of the development teams
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities...
- 10+ years hands on experience managing complex software design and development projects
- Proactive, solutions-orientation with a history of solving complex problems
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical experience in Engineering, IT, Computer Science or related Tech field
- Experience in enterprise architecture, including retail and e-commerce experience
- Familiarity with relevant technology stack and systems (including Salesforce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Netsuite and .Net platforms)
- Track record as a creative solutions architect introducing digital technologies to enable the strategic initiatives
- Strong understanding of software development methodology (Agile/Scrum/SAFe/Waterfall)
- Experience developing a long-term technology roadmap for our business that includes implementing short-term improvements in existing systems
- Significant experience managing complex digital products requiring strong leadership to align multiple teams and stakeholders
- High attention to detail including proven ability to document requirements and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to execute methodically while also thinking strategically
- Strong team-orientation and experience managing large teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is a way of life
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
As a Vice President of Digital and Engineering Platforms, you'll be eligible for DWR's comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy and more.