Granicus is hiring an executive to lead the company’s digital marketing agency organization– Digital Engagement Services (DES). DES provides digital marketing outsourcing services to our civic and government clients, delivering multi-channeldigital communication, engagement, audience reach and collaboration strategy, campaigns, analytics and results. Our services result in dramatically increased reach and engagement with target audiences, impactful program outcomes and – as a result – thriving communities.
The Vice President of Digital Engagement Services will lead the growth, advancement and innovation of Digital Engagement Services solutions and work in partnership with company leadership, sales, customer success and operations teams to achieve client-delivery excellence.
A successful executive in this role will have demonstrated experience in leading and growing a successful digital marketing agency including a history of expanding service capabilities, client roster expansion and key client growth. This role will lead a team of marketing services subject matter experts in digital communications, customer journey management, and creative services. This role will also be responsible for the coordination of cross-functional teams in order to best serve Granicus clients and generate opportunity expansion.
- Provide executive leadership to growing team of Digital Engagement services talent.
- Develop consulting services organization model and manage client-level and overall operational profitability.
- Work with Granicus Chief Operating Officer to develop digital marketing services strategy and expand core capabilities / skills.
- Develop branding and thought leadership strategy, jointly with Granicus Marketing, to establish DES as the premiere digital services agency for civic and government agencies.
- Develop highly-scalable services model including project knowledge-base and associate training programs.
- Operate as the lead DES representative in new sales opportunities and with key existing clients.
- Liaise with cross-functional working groups to create go-to-market and go-to-client concepts based on current successes to strengthen value and evolution of services offerings.
- Develop new offerings by incorporating industry trends, best practices, project success and customer feedback, and scaling offerings to assure capture in varying budget scenarios, and coordinating with Granicus product teams.
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships to extend agency portfolio services and co-develop large opportunities among strategic partners.
- Stay ahead of CX and digital government practices, as well as government programs and funding streams.
- Empower team members and guide career pathing through monitoring and evaluation of performance, alignment to corporate professional development program, and company growth.
- Regularly represent Granicus in speaking roles, panels, and internal or external engagements.
- Produce thought leadership blog posts, case studies, and other media in cooperation with Granicus Marketing.
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Skills & Requirements
- Proven experience in a leadership role for a digital marketing agency consisting of advertising/marketing/communications, consulting/content production/strategy development
- Masterful command of multi-platform/channeldigitalcampaign operations and team management
- Demonstrated experience delivering exceptional client work that turns into strong client success stories and high referral rates
- High degree of success leading new sales and client expansion opportunities
- Strong ability to convey complex concepts to all audience levels
- Passion for public service, citizen engagement and communication
- Ability to shape stories with data
- Excellent organization skills and a passion for process and business systems, as well as process improvement ideation
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for internal and external relationship building at all levels of the organization, including cross-departmental colleagues, C-suite and clients
- Ability to thrive in a lean, self-motivated, proactive environment
- Commitment to diversity of thought and consideration of different ideas
- Government communications experiencedesired, but not required
- Willingness to travel, as needed, up to 30% for client meetings and Granicus commitments
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Examples of Performance Evaluation:
- Achieving DES sales / growth targets
- Achieving key client expansion growth targets
- Delivering consistent client success and high NPS scores
- Delivering proposals, pitches and projects on time and within budget
- Overachieving project objectives and outcomes
- Meeting established utilization goals for team members
- Project delivery efficiency, scalability and profitability
- Process improvements and optimizations