Vice President, Digital ( Corporate & Public Affair )
8 - 10 years experience • Advertising & Marketing Services
Edelman is looking for a Vice President to join the Digital team in the Corporate & Public Affairs practice to lead corporate accounts and business development efforts. This individual will bring strong experience in account management and a consultative selling approach that seamlessly fuses digital and social media capabilities into communications programs.
In this role you will have the opportunity to evolve corporate communications and public affairs into the digital age, pushing the boundaries of digital content, analytics and creativity on behalf of global companies and causes.
Edelman's Corporate & Public Affairs practice is the largest of its kind in the world, at an agency that is both the world's largest PR firm and social media agency. If you think you have what it takes to help us take our team and business to new heights, read on.
- Provide strategic counsel, guidance and leadership to clients and staff in the areas of social media strategy, content strategy and analytics
- Supervise digital specialists in the areas of community management, influencer relations, social mediaaudits and content creation
- Lead digital elements of crisis communications efforts
- Work as part of integrated account teams, infusing digital elements such as paid amplification, SEO and analytics into PR programs
- Maintain relationships with senior-level client contacts and internal contacts
- Mentor, coach and support team members ensuring constant development of their skills
- Effectively budget new scopes of work and manage staff utilization to meet targets
- Grow business prospects with existing clients; expand digital scope of work fused with PR programs; lead new business outreach process and win business Identify new tools and techniques to improve the performance of digital and PR efforts
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- The Vice President must have at least 7 years of relevant experience in a social media, public relations or marketing field
- Experience and deep understanding of one or more of the following: corporate communications, public affairs, crisis communications, Corporate Social Responsibility, Financial services (institutional a plus)
- Strong understanding of analytics, including Google Analytics, owned social channel metrics, experience conducting social media and/or search engine audits and competitive analysis
- Knowledge of tools such as Sysomos Map/Heartbeat, Radian6, Crimson Hexagon, Percolate, Spredfast, Sprinklr, SimilarWeb, GroupHigh
The Vice President should have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and a track record of developing and executing profitable social media and/or public relations campaigns that meet client objectives.
S/he should have strong leadership qualities including superb people management skills. S/he should be able to attract, motivate, empower, coach and retain staff. International experience is a plus.
Knowledge of organic SEO, paid social, overseeing site builds, SEM a plus. About Us Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016.
The firm was named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, Edelman was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fifth time. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.