As our new VP of Design & Product Experience, you will be responsible for the design of our market-leading product suite. You will combine your leadership and expertise to drive our design strategy and vision. You will also help shape, develop and scale the user experience team, talent pipeline, operations and UX process, as New Relic and the product organization grow. This role reports to the Chief Product Officer.
- Oversee a large product design organization, including UX research, strategy and operations
- Build, develop and inspire an awesome cross-disciplinary UX team that has best-in-class talent
- Create and drive the company's UX vision and align with key stakeholder on how our design strategy impacts our customers & business goals
- Plan and scope design programs that improve products and service UX at scale including New Relic’s Design Language System
- Ensure world class design quality end to end, across all design competencies, e.g., visual, content, motion, interaction design, design prototyping and design research.
- Evangelize and champion UX practice, consumer-centric thinking and the voice of our customer, both internally and externally
- 12+ years of professional experience in user experience for enterprise web applications
- 6+ years of experience in management, mentorship, and cultural change
- Exceptional leadership skills; with a proven track record of developing and communicating design strategy, building high performance teams and relationships across key stakeholders to achieve business goals
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices, as well using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make key design decisions and iterate on products
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process and operational improvement efforts
- Excellent communication skills, both internally to the company and to external customers
- BA/BS or MA/MS in design related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required
A little about us:
New Relic is a leading digital intelligence company, delivering full-stack visibility and analytics with more than 14,000 paid business accounts. The New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform provides actionable insights to drive digital business results. Companies of all sizes trust New Relic to monitor application and infrastructure performance so they can quickly resolve issues, and improve digital customer experiences. Learn more at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon “Top Workplace” award winner, named a leader in the Gartner’s 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 “Magic Quadrant” for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud ManagementCompanies to Watch (NetworkWorld) – the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on themove.