Vice President Design
The Vice President (VP) Design is responsible for leading a team of digital designers. The position will lead the digital design teams and will be in charge of setting the design vision, strategy, workflow and team structure to achieve world-class design status for the business. Primary responsibility of the position will be all digital touch points (app, web, bots, messaging, digital screens) and will work in conjunction with the other creative teams within the marketing organization.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Lead MGM Resorts International’s entire product and app design functions, collaborating with stakeholders around the company to understand the requirements and establishing a team structure and end-to-end workflow designed to best serve those needs
- Create best-in-class, industry-leading design systems across product teams that position MGM Resorts International as the premier leader in its market
- Empower and mentor designers on your team, fostering a collaborative, productive, and positive environment within a growing team.
- Oversee and build design team workflows that ensure all designs delivered are in line with the company’s style guides and extremely high quality standards
- Work with team to optimize output and ensure that the large volume of deliverables requested of the design team on a daily basis are completed on time
- Lead team in expanding mastery of the business goals of each design request and provide innovative UX/UI proposals
- Empower team members to proactively lead iteration cycles with stakeholders and push designs forward according to the team’s vision and understanding of the business goals of each request
- Be highly communicative and responsive both within the team and to stakeholders across the company while managing a large volume of ongoing projects
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Other job related duties as requested
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a design leader across multiple platforms and disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in graphic design, art, or communications or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Background in product and brand design.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting