Not Specified years
Posted 241 days ago
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Customer Engagement, Global Acceptance & SolutionsOverview
The Vice President of Customer Engagement for Global Acceptance & Solutions (GA&S) is responsible for driving alignment around Mastercard’s engagement with global merchants and acquirers in support of our global acceptance strategy. This role works closely with GA&S leadership and teams, other Core product teams, and the regions, to ensure that we are speaking with one voice to our key external stakeholders. A key member of the Acceptance Strategy & Engagement team, the role is instrumental in bringing the customer view inside Mastercard ensuring that our products, solutions and strategies are attuned to their needs. Essentially, the role presents a “global” Mastercard to global customers, on top of the daily local engagements and interactions between us and our customers.
- Lead the thinking and the deployment of a global engagement model with key global merchants and acquirers:
- Develop the RACIs and the engagement model for key global merchants and acquirers in a collaborative manner between GA&S and the regions
- Regularly monitor our global business to make sure at all times that the right customers are included in this global engagement model
- Ensure at all times that the engagement model pulls on all the relevant resources at Mastercard (Market Development, Customer Delivery, Franchise, Finance, Digital Payments, MPGS, Loyalty, Advisors, etc.) to optimize our value to these global customers
- Share best practice and solutionning from around the world to keep growing our relevance to our key customers
Sustain regular interaction at multiple levels between our organization and key customers including mutual visits, workshops, ideation sessions, meeting our senior execs, etc.
- Partner very closely with the Acceptance Product team to ensure we’re developing the right products and product bundles for our key customers
- Coordinate the creation of regional account plans and create global account plans that tie into our revenue and location targets, vertical strategy, segment penetration, etc.
- Become the voice of the customer within Mastercard and filter the customer needs into our global and regional strategic thinking
- Where applicable, connect with the rest of Core in support of the customer needs and the growth plans for credit, debit, prepaid, commercial, ACH and Processing
- Create global advisory councils for both global merchants and acquirers to better inform our strategy and keep us closely connected to our key stakeholders
- Run the global merchant coordination calls and meetings with NAM and IMK, consider similar operating model for acquirers
- Over time, expand the global acquirer model down the value chain into Payment Facilitators and other channel partners
This role reports to the SVP of GA&S Strategy and Engagement
All About You
• Significant previous experience in customer relations, ideally with merchants and acquirers
• Experience in developing actionable plans that span multiple products and geographies
• Ability to navigate matrixed organizations and lead by influence and collaboration
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills; ability to identify key issues, structure multi regional and multi departmental engagement plans
• Ability to develop strategic points of view and to facilitate or lead discussion and debate
• Cross-functional team leadership experience managing multiple, complex projects concurrently and delivering timely results under tight timelines
• Ability to challenge established views and assumptions at all levels; team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
• Ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior management and business partners
• Knowledge of payments industry, understanding of competitive landscape and industry trends is an asset
• Self-starter with Initiative, passion and agility
•Bachelor’sdegreerequired, MBA or advanceddegreepreferred
Equal Opportunity Employer