SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The person in this position is responsible for defining KCNA Digital Commerce vision, translating that into key strategies and building organizational capabilities to execute the said strategies effectively & consistently. This is a critical role that truly owns the end-to-end management of the customer / channel which includes not just customers engagement and sales but also marketing strategy, retail media investment, data sharing and analytics, supply chain and IT capabilities integration. This role leads KCNA Digital Commerce Customer Development teams (These include Omnichannel retailers like Walmart, Target, Costco, Kroger etc. & Pure Play retailers like Amazon, Boxed.com etc.) & eCommerce IQ team to achieve the strategic KCNA digital commerce business objectives. The person is also responsible to discover and develop innovative strategic opportunities of marketing directly to consumers through collaboration and integration of company brands and the customers.
Digital Commerce Business Result Ownership & Account Management -
- Build and grow KCNA Digital Commerce business in service to our brand/business objectives to an industry leading position, while working very closely with KCNA LT and CDLT.
- The KCNA digital commerce business is approaching $1B in NS terms and is extremely complex as it includes our omnichannel (Walmart, Costco, Target, Kroger, Sam’s, HEB, Meijer etc.) and pure play (Amazon, Boxed.com) retailers, across all fulfilment models like Click-&-Collect, Ship-to-Home and Ship-to-Store.
- Own the Digital Commerce P&L (customer definition) ensuring delivery of results by driving sales, contribution and market share within the digital commerce space for all the three business platforms – Baby/Child Care, Family Care and Adult/Feminine Care. Please note that the Digital Commerce NS is identified and separately called out as key KCNA OGSIM objective.
- Represent KCNA Digital Commerce strategies, plans and priorities with our customers at appropriate platforms (Top-2-Top meetings, Industry forums like NACDS & FMI & JBP Sessions) to drive mutually beneficial strategic partnerships.
Organizational Capabilities Development
- Lead the ongoing redesign / updating of all relevant current K-C processes (Strategic Business Planning, Annual Operating Planning, Customer Annual Business Planning, Business Management Processes, IMF, Content Syndication across retailer platforms, Retail Media Planning, DDM Traffic Planning) to ensure digital commerce business needs are integrated and effectively addressed at the right time.
- Build best-in-class digital shelf design, optimization & tracking capabilities that allow K-C to deliver consistently great brand experiences to our consumers, within the complex & ever-evolving ecosystem of multiple retailer platforms.
- Drive enterprise focus for U.S. Digital Commerce business by influencing KCNA LT stakeholders to secure multi-functional resources (Innovation, Digital Marketing, Content Creation, IT, Supply Chain, HR, Sales, Insights etc.) to build the right foundational business elements that set us up for success in digital commerce world.
- Partner closely with K-C customer teams and brand teams to evolve and lead strategic partnerships with key retail media partners including Amazon Advertising, Walmart Media Group, Target Media Network, Kroger Precision Marketing, Shipt, Instacart, HEB, Criteo etc.
- Evolve KCNA retail media approach to lead to better planning, tracking and optimization of K-C’s growing ~$60MM digital media investments with our key customers.
- Collaborate with K-C customer teams, retailer media platforms, our Agencies-Of-Record and K-C Insights & Analytics teams to establish consistent measurement frameworks, KPIs and learning agendas that accurately diagnose our media investments’ performance.
- Drive better synergy between retail media plans and brand media plans while adopting the audience-first principles of DDM to our retail media investments.
Digital Commerce Talent Development
- Build an always-on digital commerce talent development platform that allows K-C to reskill the entire CD organization for an omnichannel world while continuing to keep our ‘digitally-proficient-talent’ engaged with more targeted interventions.
- Attract, grow and retain best-in-class talent for the continuously evolving digital commerce roles. Build a succession plan for key digital commerce leadership roles across multiple customer teams, Including the development of new career progression pathways for very specialized professionals.
- Drive best practices sharing across different K-C country digital commerce teams across the globe to ensure faster adaptation of great ideas and learning from mistakes.
This position reports directly to the President - Customer Development.
In this role, the incumbent will frequently interact with:
- KCNA President, BU Presidents, Other KCNA LT Members, CDLT Members, GMs.
- CMO & Global Analytics Leaders.
- Digital/eCommerce/Shopper Marketing leaders and personnel.
- Integrated Marketing Communications leader/personnel.
- Brand team marketing personnel.
- BU Sales VP leaders and teams.
- Media Agencies / Digital Marketing Agencies.
- Global eCommerce leaders across various regions and countries.
- Key contacts within customer partners (ecommerce-focused).
- Supply Chain leaders and teams.
- Develops winning omnichannel business strategies with brand teams that straddle end-to-end business drivers of innovations, assortment, content, data, media, trading terms and supply chain to build a sustainable business for K-C as well as our customers.
- Identifies and integrates global best practices/models from global e-Commerce team to implement/scale within US market.
- Owns and manages K-C Digital Commerce P&L defined as Net Sales and contribution margin.
- Works in collaboration with brand teams, BU sales, supply chain, IT and shopper marketing to ensure strong multi-year business plans to achieve share targets.
- Integrates omnichannel business needs / perspective into all key business processes – brand planning, Integrated Marketing Planning (IMP), Strategic Business Planning - SBP, Annual Operating Planning (AOP), Innovation Management Framework (IMF), Business Management Process (BMP), CABP ( Customer Annual Business Plans ). Redesigns the processes wherever required to ensure the digital commerce business delivery is not compromised.
- Seeks out and interprets key trends within Amazon and in omnichannel digital commerce channels in order to drive necessary focus and innovation for business growth.
- Identifies data requirements and comes up with innovative technology solutions / vendor partners to drive better visibility and insights into the consumers’ path to purchase, including their online purchase behaviors.
- Maintains strong collaborative partnerships with key groups and functions such as CMO, CIO, Insights and Analytics, BU Sales Teams, Brand Champions, Shopper Marketing and Digital Agencies, Supply Chain and global digital commerce leaders.
- Helps develop eDPSM (distribution, pricing, shelving, merchandising) and digital shelf guidelines and ensures that these are executed well across all businesses at all our retail partners, working with brand leaders.
- Develops and executes strong digital shopper marketing programs to support business objectives, working closely with brand teams and designated agencies.
- Builds talent within the customer development organization through a strong program of recruitment, retention, engagement and capability development.
- Represents omnichannel business needs at key meetings and works with sales leaders on development of customer strategic plans, AOPs, customer trade investment strategies, marketing plans and brand launch plans.
- Establish business reporting / KPI’s to ensure progress against objectives.
- Develop relationships and work with K-C customer teams and media agency to build effective media plans, activation and negotiations across all retail media investments.
- Own the oversight, scoping and agency review process of KCNA’s Retail Media AOR. Ensure they are using / complying with K-C standards, using the most advanced and relevant tools to solve the right business problems and meet K-C's goals, maintaining a consistent standard throughout their network / teams, and collaborating effectively with other agencies.
- Maintain a consistent landscape assessment for where retail media, competition and commerce is currently and moving to in the future in order to both educate and future proof K-C. This includes creating a standardized way of understanding which partners most matter to K-C brands / business and how best to work with them.
- Lead the overall design and development of the digital commerce capabilities for North America. Drive an on-going evolution / check-&-adjust of K-C digital commerce strategies and capabilities while leveraging the STAR model (Structure, Processes, Talent & Rewards) and external benchmarking.
- Be a significant contributor to the global capability development for KC. Measured by the establishment of both a clear vision and strategy deployment plan and a successor pool for critical roles on the Amazon and omnichannel teams.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Include but not limited to)
- Reflects leadership, supports change, welcomes open communication, and contributes good relations throughout the company.
- Utilizes Talent and Performance Management Principles to ensure performance and career development reviews are conducted on timely basis. Develops personnel plans to accelerate growth of high potential team members and to manage underperforming team members. Provides quality insights and feedback.
- Ensures Customer Development team is in compliance with Corporate Human Resource Policies and government regulations, such as OSHA, EEOC, ADA, FMLA and ADEA.
- Establishes team procedures and programs in alignment with national policy to ensure efficient, orderly and safe operations, to analyze, control and improve performance, and to measure deputies’ performances.
- Promptly reconciles and communicates changes and conducts team adjustment to new changes. Adjusts to meet requirements of changing conditions/situations. Maintains effectiveness of varying environments with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Renders judgments and makes timely decisions in alignment with business objectives. Sets priorities and proactively identifies issues, underlying problems and potential solutions to develop plan of action. Evaluates cause and effect relationships.
- Keeps team leader informed on status of plans and programs, changing conditions, requirements of marketplace, competitive activity, issues and accomplishments that may affect sales results.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Manages Net Sales of KCNA Digital Commerce business, with significant growth anticipated over next 5-10 years.
- While focus is U.S., this role will engage as required with country teams with meaningful digital commerce business.
- 5 direct reports.
- Organization consisting of 30+ associates.