Lead the risk strategy & analytics functions for US and Canada lending businesses. Responsibilities include credit risk management, underwriting, existing customer management, account management, risk appetite & tolerances, asset quality reporting and adherence to policies and practices of the organization. Collaborate with the business lines, product, finance, technology, marketing and the advanced modeling team on relevant initiatives including credit strategy changes, revision of policies, portfolio and industry reviews, process optimization, and target market analysis.
- Responsible for building, enhancing & monitoring credit strategies for all products
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining all aspects of underwriting: approve/decline, loan $ assignment, loan refinance, credit eligible criteria for marketing and risk-based pricing.
- Establishes enterprise credit governance, risk and control strategies and practices.
- Be a thought partner to the business, provides oversight and independent challenge to the business line through review, inquiry and discussion.
- Develops and communicates credit governance, risk and control policies.
- Provides training, tools and advice to support the business line in carrying out its accountabilities.
- Ongoing review and monitoring of the loan portfolio including delinquency & charge-off, yield analysis, concentrations of credit, etc.
- Analysis and assessment of prospective portfolio acquisitions and M&A deals
- Active involvement in securitization and other funding-related activities
- Monitors and reports on compliance with risk appetite and policies.
- Identify emerging risks, analyze key risk trends and lead the development of prudent risk management in enabling business growth initiatives. Independently determines what constitutes an emerging risk trend based on knowledge of the portfolio, industry and general macroeconomic environment.
Master’s in quantitative discipline such as, Math, Computer Science, Physics, Economics, Statistics Machine Learning, Business Intelligence or Financial Engineering required.
Min 15 years of leadership experience in credit risk in Fintech, Banking, or Consumer Finance