Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC is registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a nationally recognized statistical rating organization (NRSRO). This Morningstar, Inc. subsidiary has earned a reputation for innovation and excellence in the structured finance market and aims to increase market transparency by providing the highest-quality ratings, securities research, monitoring services, operational risk assessments, data, and technology solutions.
• Lead a team of analysts to re-underwrite cash flow and property valuations for commercial real estate loans backed by a variety of property types, including retail, office, multifamily, industrial, and lodging.
• Review third party reports including appraisals, property condition reports, environmental reports, seismic surveys, and other industry specialized reports.
• Present and evaluate analysis in loan review meetings, and write and review detailed Asset Summary Reports.
• Perform property site visits in support of loan analysis.
• Assist with ongoing refinement of loan analysis criteria, model templates, and new product development projects.
• Lead/assist with research projects in support of CMBS ratings, model assumptions, and Thought Leadership initiatives.
• At least five years of direct experience in commercial real estate underwriting or analysis.
• Working experience with property appraisals, assets management, and/or loan workouts is preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree is required, a major in finance or related field is preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to travel 10-20%.
• Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.